raralith

Young Ape
Number 10 - 5 Vegas Gold Toro
CI Sampler, real cheap?
5vegasgoldtoro1fl5.jpg

Appearance and Presentation of Cigar: Good
Wrapper color and Packaging: Natural color, Good packaging
Lighting and Burning Properties: Excellent toast, Medium burn
Even initial light, even burn, burn fast or slow: Even initial light, Even burn, Slow burn
Draw: Excellent
Taste: OK

I had some reports to review so I decided to leave the office for my local Starbucks. I purchased an ice tea, sat down outside, grabbed my reports, and lit Goldie up.

5vegasgoldtoro2ll4.jpg

First Third
Initial draw had a bit of a harsh draw but it had a hint of wood and earth. As I worked my way down, not much changed and that harshness stayed there.

5vegasgoldtoro3so3.jpg

Second Third and Finish
Things changed slightly, some of the edge wore off, and I had a bit more smoothness. After a while though, it got rather bland and not much changed. I probably sat there for a good hour or more to get to the above and there wasn’t much I can say that can describe beyond “bland.”

Final Thoughts
Well, I can’t say that I got the finest of the fine. This was my CI 8 sampler pack with a humidifier for $20. I did let them rest for a good month though, and while I heard some good things about the 5 Vegas brand, the Gold line didn’t do much for me. I’ll try the other ones for good measure but I’m going to stay away from the Gold line.

Thanks for the review. I used to like these but my tastes have changed. Too mild and bland for me now. :tu

I tried these a while back from a sampler and then bought a box really cheap on CB. I absolutely love them as my Saturday morning with coffee smoke. Every one I have had was perfect construction and burn. The flavor is certainly mild but I enjoy them. Sorry you had a different experience.

I tried these a while back from a sampler and then bought a box really cheap on CB. I absolutely love them as my Saturday morning with coffee smoke. Every one I have had was perfect construction and burn. The flavor is certainly mild but I enjoy them. Sorry you had a different experience.

I think I have the same experience as you do, just a different flavor palette; I'm not very wild for mild. But, I definately think it would pair well with coffee since it can take the harshness out of it if you drink your coffee black (like myself). Also, with an excellent draw, even and slow burn, this is definately a 90 minute cigar, if not more, to the nub. Best part, you can get them cheap as you stated off of CBid.

For me these have to sit at least 6 months to get that harsh taste out. I've also notice they do better stored closer to 60 RH than 70. :2

My take on them is with some time they are a very nice mild cigar and pair well with a lightly salty scotch. :dr

Agreed a so so cigar. Yard gar at best.

All of the smaller ring gauges very harsh. The "double nickel" 5.5x55 is the least harsh.

Not horrible for the coin.

Have to throw in another agreement with this review. Good cheap mild cigar, nice to see in a sample pack, but I would not buy any personally

Back