5 Vegas Limitada 2006

BlackIrish

ChestBeater
A simple review for a simple cigar.

A well-made but otherwise average medium bodied cigar.

The cigar: 5 Vegas Limitada 2006
Vitola: 6.25 x 52 belicoso
Origin: Dominican
Wrapper: Ecuadoran Sumatra
From CI: The filler blend is complex, sporting well-aged tobaccos from Brazil and Nicaragua, plus Dominican-grown Piloto Cubano long-fillers, then bound with a Cuban-seed binder. Each of these tobaccos has been aging since 2001.

Pre light: an oily leathery wrapper with some prominent veins. Aroma seemed faintly sweet. Well-filled and solid to the touch.

Burn: very good to excellent. Lit easily, burned straight with just some minor scalloping. Good easy draw, slow burn. Very firm ash, dropping in nearly 2 inch chunks.

Flavor: Mild to medium bodied tobacco flavor. Not much complexity at all, occasionally a hint of a citrusy tang but it never quite developed.

Not a bad cigar, mind you, just nothing special and fairly boring.

One of the few cigars I couldn't even finish. For me (and I know not everyone) it tasted like a rolled up piece of cardboard.
I will usually give a dog rocket a second chance just to make sure it wasn't just a bad one but my personal distaste for this stick was so bad. I couldn't bring myself to try it again.

I had bought an entire box based on others rave reviews. I traded it at a major loss and moved on.

This one just really went against my taste. It was constructed fine and I'm sure to those who like the flavor will be a decent mid level cigar but it is truly for me the worst cigar ever. (machine made included if honestly smoke a swisher first)

I liked the 05, so tried a few of the 06 when they came out.
Have not bought any more of the Limitada's.

Still think the 05 is good, but the 06 was a disappointment. I am barely curious about the 08.

One of the few cigars I couldn't even finish. For me (and I know not everyone) it tasted like a rolled up piece of cardboard.
I will usually give a dog rocket a second chance just to make sure it wasn't just a bad one but my personal distaste for this stick was so bad. I couldn't bring myself to try it again.

I had bought an entire box based on others rave reviews. I traded it at a major loss and moved on.

This one just really went against my taste. It was constructed fine and I'm sure to those who like the flavor will be a decent mid level cigar but it is truly for me the worst cigar ever. (machine made included if honestly smoke a swisher first)
I agree although I only had one so I who knows.

Back