A. Fuente Bands

BlackDog

ChestBeater
Can someone help me out with differentiating the Fuente bands? I bought some samplers on the WTS board (down below) and there were various Fuente cigars, and I'm not sure which are which. There are some that say "Gran Reserva" with a black stripe on the bottom of the band, and others with a green stripe on the bottom of the band. I did a search here but came up blank. Is there a primer somewhere on the various Fuente bands?

Can someone help me out with differentiating the Fuente bands? I bought some samplers on the WTS board (down below) and there were various Fuente cigars, and I'm not sure which are which. There are some that say "Gran Reserva" with a black stripe on the bottom of the band, and others with a green stripe on the bottom of the band. I did a search here but came up blank. Is there a primer somewhere on the various Fuente bands?

I equate the color with the price level of the cigar. Red (Anejo more expensive and better), Black mid-price (Sungrown, GR etc) and the Green are the lower priced. It has been a while since I smoked a AF so thats what I think when I go into a shop and see them.

Last edited:

Good question! I have thought about posting it too. It seems (to me) the only way to know about the ones without names on the cello or a colored foot is to measure them. That is to my untrained eye, im sure some FOGs could pick them out of a lineup.

Good question! I have thought about posting it too. It seems (to me) the only way to know about the ones without names on the cello or a colored foot is to measure them. That is to my untrained eye, im sure some FOGs could pick them out of a lineup.

:tpd: The cigarfamily link above helped me figure it out.

Currently, the green bottoms will be sticks like the Chateau's, the base line (with normal wrappers)

Black will be cigars like the Don Carlos, Hemingway, the King B, Cuban Beli

On the 8-5-8 cigars, the color of the ribbon will help with what wrapper it is - as you can have natural, maduro, candela, sungrown or rosado (last two with ribbons)

remember too that bands change throughout the years (what, the VSG line has gone through 3 design changes so far)

Arturo Fuente base line uses the green band.

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos, Sun Grown and the Hemingway line use the same band but with black bottom.

The Anejo line use the same band but with a white bottom and say Anejo on the bottom of the middle circle.

That helps a bunch guys, thanks. The two mystery cigars are a Don Carlos #4 and a "normal" Fuente Churchill.

That helps a bunch guys, thanks. The two mystery cigars are a Don Carlos #4 and a "normal" Fuente Churchill.

The term he was looking for is "natural" referring to the color of the wrapper. Most Fuentes "natural" wrapper is actually Cameroon (ie 858) except for the Chateau series and a couple of others which are a Conn. or Conn shade wrapper

Nice... the don carlos is a nice smoke and the #3 or #4 are my two favs! The churchill is a nice mild stick but I think fuente has better sticks than that one so I don't buy those often.

Enjoy those smokes! :ss

Back