Anyone Heard of These Beauties

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I just noticed CI has put up for auction several boxes of a smoke I have yet to ever run across. Esteban Carrera by Rocky Patel. 5X50 Robusto Maduros.

Anyone familiar with good old Esteban?:confused: It doesn't even show up in the Cigar Review Database. I gotta stay the heck away from that site.

F. Prefect

They are on liquidation at CI, so check those prices before bidding. $39-$49 for boxes of 20. I don't think "liquidating" a cigar line usually speaks to well for the quality. ;)

CI has them on deal, but other websites are selling the boxes for a bit more. I bid because they're Rockys. It's $35ish for a chance. I won't bid any higher, though.

They are on liquidation at CI, so check those prices before bidding. $39-$49 for boxes of 20. I don't think "liquidating" a cigar line usually speaks to well for the quality. ;)

Particularly if they're liquidating something that has never been seen before, but I really don't think that's the case here. With my limited space at the moment, I think I'll wait and watch for the reviews and see if any more turn up later.

Thanks for the input.

F. Prefect

I saw these also, i researched and the only thing I found is they are represented by the same group in LA, Ca. that handles Pepin and Padilla. Other than this, there is absolutley nothing bout this cigar anywhere. so i concluded i would stay away (even at CIs blow out price), i dont need another box sittin round gathering dust that ill never smoke!

After my run-in with R4's, I've decided to avoid any more "special" deals with RP cigars. Many of them seem to be PoS sticks that get a name brand label put on them to sell.

I got a few in a sampler and bought a box of the Churchill Maduras. I really like them for an everyday smoke. A bit of pepper, a bit of leather, even burn, decent ash. For the price I paid on CB I am very happy with them.

Friend gifted me one in a trade and warned me beforehand. It was a Torpedo. Corojo wrapper I believe.. anyway, I didn't think it was too bad of a cigar. Little pepper at the start with some woodsy flavor. Some cedar and earthiness came in and couldn't detect much of the pepper anymore. I did pick some up when retrohaling though. The burn was nice and the ash held on for about an inch. Made it through about halfway and it just went out while taking a puff. It probably needed more time to rest. Guy who won them off cbid, I know didn't pay 30 for the box and if I paid a little over a dollar I wouldn't be upset!
Just my :2.

Plain and simple, they're a boring smoke. It's one dimensional with no complexity.

They're best used as give-away sticks to your buddies who don't know anything about cigars and want to raid your humidor. Just my 2c.

Back