BBQ Anyone

scottw

Going Commando
I got into a nice chat with :eevis in August when he introduced himself as a BBQ guy. We had just built our deck and I bought a new grill with a built in smoke box in it, etc. Anyway, I had a party for 18 of my family members this weekend for my kid's birthday. Just wanted to get :eevis' and any others opinions on these ribs. I rubbed them with brown sugar, garlic powder, adobo, chili powder, kosher salt, pepper ans smoke paprika. Used hickory in the smoke box and let them go for 6 hours at 220. Everyone loved them. I also did a 8 pound filet mignon and buffalo chicken. I love the BBQ.

Yeah those ribs look GOOD! BBQ is my favorite food ... along with Mexican, Greek, Italian ... well, I just love food! But BBQ is definitely in my top 5 favorites. At that low temp for that length of time, I bet those ribs just fell apart because they were so tender! :dr :dr :dr :dr

Yeah those ribs look GOOD! BBQ is my favorite food ... along with Mexican, Greek, Italian ... well, I just love food! But BBQ is definitely in my top 5 favorites. At that low temp for that length of time, I bet those ribs just fell apart because they were so tender! :dr :dr :dr :dr

They really did just come apart. I like you, love all food. Indian, Thai, Ethiopian, Italian, etc. But to me there is nothing like the BBQ. I did a Christmas Eve BBQ one year and made Blue Cheese crusted Filet Mignons outside in 20 degree weather but what a great thing.

The ribs look delicious, but that is one nice looking grill! What brand is it!?

Bob R in OKC

Its a charmglow. I got it at Home Depot (end of season on sale) for about $500. It comes with 3 regular burners. 1000 inches of space. 2 drawers, a smoke box with it's own burner and two side burners. It's very enjoyable to work with.

Its a charmglow. I got it at Home Depot (end of season on sale) for about $500. It comes with 3 regular burners. 1000 inches of space. 2 drawers, a smoke box with it's own burner and two side burners. It's very enjoyable to work with.

Oh, it also comes with a rotisserie!! Did some chickens on it and it was awesome!

Awesome looking job on those ribs. They look like they have great color and good seperation of the meat from the bones. But don't ask us our opinion, the most important one is your own when it come to the Q :ss How did you think that they turned out? THat is really the most important opinion. Course if you decided to send me some me some leftovers, I could give you my thoughts. :tu Things look great!! how was the Filet?

Great looking ribs!

But for us folks here in the South - BBQ is a noun, not a verb. :D

dng_bbq_sandwich_lg.jpg

:dr

Here in GA, I use the BBQ and smoker all year long, the temps matter little to me. If the mood hits where I want something cooked outside I just go for it.

For a teat sometimes, try making Buffalo Wings on the smoker or on the grill at around 220 degrees. Marinate in wing sauce and cook for 4 to 6 hours. :tu

Nice pics guys!!! :dr

Awesome looking job on those ribs. They look like they have great color and good seperation of the meat from the bones. But don't ask us our opinion, the most important one is your own when it come to the Q :ss How did you think that they turned out? THat is really the most important opinion. Course if you decided to send me some me some leftovers, I could give you my thoughts. :tu Things look great!! how was the Filet?

My friend, I must say the food came out great. I can't believe we pulled it off with everything going on the past week but we did. My family was blown away by it .The ribs fell off the bone and I made a Single Barrel Bourbon BBQ sauce to go with them. I made the Filet rubbing it down with kosher salt, pepper and garlic and searing it on the grill. I served it with a Shittake Mushroom/Cabernet Sauce. If you can get down to Sussex, NJ, I will gladly serve you a fine plate of leftovers and open a nice bottle of wine, then we could take the boat out and have a smoke.

Here in GA, I use the BBQ and smoker all year long, the temps matter little to me. If the mood hits where I want something cooked outside I just go for it.

For a teat sometimes, try making Buffalo Wings on the smoker or on the grill at around 220 degrees. Marinate in wing sauce and cook for 4 to 6 hours. :tu

Nice pics guys!!! :dr

My wife went to Pickens County high school for two years. She is a country girl at heart. I love southern cooking.

My friend, I must say the food came out great. I can't believe we pulled it off with everything going on the past week but we did. My family was blown away by it .The ribs fell off the bone and I made a Single Barrel Bourbon BBQ sauce to go with them. I made the Filet rubbing it down with kosher salt, pepper and garlic and searing it on the grill. I served it with a Shittake Mushroom/Cabernet Sauce. If you can get down to Sussex, NJ, I will gladly serve you a fine plate of leftovers and open a nice bottle of wine, then we could take the boat out and have a smoke.

If i ever get down there, I will gladly take you up on the offer. I am now planning a kind of mini-herf/football/BBQ/reason to hang out in the Man Cave. I will be sure to post some pics of the Brisket I am going to cook as well as the BBQ Tofu I will be doing for my veg. friend. Glad everything turned out great:chk

Rib's looked great! Nothing better then tending to something on the smoker and burning a nice cigar!

Oh, don't forget the beer!

If i ever get down there, I will gladly take you up on the offer. I am now planning a kind of mini-herf/football/BBQ/reason to hang out in the Man Cave. I will be sure to post some pics of the Brisket I am going to cook as well as the BBQ Tofu I will be doing for my veg. friend. Glad everything turned out great:chk
I told my wife that the net thing i want to do is the brisket with some mesquite chips in the smoker. My daughter went vegetarian last year after being able to down racks of baby back ribs with me. If its not an imposition, could you tell me how you prepare the tofu? she is a vegetarian but her diet of ramen noodles and potato chips is not exactly the healthiest. to be able to include her in the backyard BBQ would be great and her birthday is in two weeks and I'd like to prepare her a nice meal.

Back