RPB67

In my office at the Bing
Gloucester Street Cigar

Neighborhood: Back Bay
34 Gloucester St
(between Commonwealth Ave & Newbury St)
Boston, MA 02115
(617) 424-1000

Best all around cigar shop in Boston. They have everything and great prices. Reminds me of the cigar shops in Europe. Excellent location; buy your cigars a G St Cigar, and smoke them at Cigar Masters!

I visited Gloucester St. a month or two ago and I was really disappointed. Their humidor was half empty! They also used to have a center display island in the humidor with more cigars and that was gone. It's a nice shop and the guys who work there are nice but when I was in there they had very little stock and what they did have did not really appeal to me. It's too bad because I always thought highly of this shop in the past.

I visited Gloucester St. a month or two ago and I was really disappointed. Their humidor was half empty!

Hmmm.... That is odd. I think of them as being well stocked all the time? They do a huge 50% off sale in December some time. Worth checking them out again.

Hmmm.... That is odd. I think of them as being well stocked all the time? They do a huge 50% off sale in December some time. Worth checking them out again.
This was probably late October or early November. So, I don't think the sale you mention was the issue.

Anyone been in here recently? My friend texted me earlier out of the blue to tell me he heard they were closed. Also, their phone is out of service.

I work down the street. I am curious now... Will walk by there in a couple of hours to find out and report back. That will be a pity if they closed. Jose is nice guy and had a pretty good business, at least I thought?

There's other places to get cigars too you may want to check out. Have you been to Brookline News on Harvard St?

I work down the street. I am curious now... Will walk by there in a couple of hours to find out and report back. That will be a pity if they closed. Jose is nice guy and had a pretty good business, at least I thought?

There's other places to get cigars too you may want to check out. Have you been to Brookline News on Harvard St?
Brookline News? I'm not familiar with the place, but I'm sure I could find it. Right now I've just been going crazy on c-bid. So, I should be pretty well stocked soon. I do enjoy buying a single every once in a while to try something new though.

My friend who texted me works upstairs from Marshalls on Boylston St., but is too lazy to go check it out himself. Please let me know what you find. If they have a new phone number it will be good to update the thread.

When you were in there did you ask them why their phone number is out of service?

No. Looks like a good time to score some deals in there. He usually has a big sale this time of year and if you are in the market for some serious cigars, I bet he'll mark down stuff at tough to pass up prices.

The walk-in is not as packed as it use to be. I think he's running the operation leaner than years past? He mentioned the cigar business has been slow this season.

No. Looks like a good time to score some deals in there. He usually has a big sale this time of year and if you are in the market for some serious cigars, I bet he'll mark down stuff at tough to pass up prices.

The walk-in is not as packed as it use to be. I think he's running the operation leaner than years past? He mentioned the cigar business has been slow this season.
After I mentioned to my friend that you said it was still open he wandered in there. As I had seen last time I was there and he confirmed they've done away with the center island in the humidor and have cut back significantly on their inventory.

My office holiday party is at the Oak Room tonight. Maybe I'll head into town a little early and walk over there.

Ya, the store is just a shell of what it use to be. Jose needs to do a little renovation and reinvention to the shop. It's a great space in a great location, but it's been weathered down a little, and I think pessimism of the local cigar scene has taken its toll.

A lot of cigar smokers do not have taste and catering to them must be a drag.

Ya, the store is just a shell of what it use to be. Jose needs to do a little renovation and reinvention to the shop. It's a great space in a great location, but it's been weathered down a little, and I think pessimism of the local cigar scene has taken its toll.

A lot of cigar smokers do not have taste and catering to them must be a drag.
It's a real shame. It used to be a great place with a great selection of cigars.

Anyone know how Jose is doing? I and everyone else here wants to see him suceed. Everyone wants to help with the situation he is in.

Last time I spoke to him, he said it was slow. He should do some online business as he does have good contacts and could have some unique products on the market. May go by there this week.

Back