RPB67

In my office at the Bing
L J Peretti Co Inc

Neighborhood: Downtown
2 Park St
(between Park Street Pl & Tremont St)
Boston, MA 02108

(617) 482-0218

Nice old fashioned cigar shop with all the smokes and accessories one could wish for at competitive prices. A good must visit shop. Knowledge staff.

Nice old fashioned cigar shop with all the smokes and accessories one could wish for at competitive prices. A good must visit shop. Knowledge staff.
:tpd:

This place has clearly been around a LONG time. They don't have the hugest selection but it's a respectable size. Not many dog rockets in the store though. Most of the stuff they sell are quality sticks and the prices are very respectable for a MA B&M. I was impressed though that they had some Opus X available for sale. I spotted a box of belicosos and a few of the limited edition tins. The season for these cigars is LONG past. So, I was impressed that they had any in stock.

L.J. Peretti is a classic, old fashion tobacco shop. They do offer a very nice, although limited variety of cigars, however, their true expertise is with pipe tobacco. They carry a fair share of tinned tobaccos or at least they did at one time, however, they excel in their custom house blends. I have ordered from them via telephone a number of times over the years.

I can highly recommend the following:

Burley Blends - B-94 & 101
Flakes - Scottish Flake (Rich and strong)
English Style - Century (My Fav), British Blend & Royal Blend

The prices are very reasonable and the service is at it's best!

Johnny

I'm pretty sure thats Levitt and Pierce, since they both sell the exact same pipe tobaccos, including house blends like DPE.

I get the two stores confused. Both are old fashioned nice cigar stores. Perretti they are not as friendly as Levitt & Pierce. I prefer to buy at L&P.

I'm pretty sure thats Levitt and Pierce, since they both sell the exact same pipe tobaccos, including house blends like DPE.

Actually, Churchill's -- one of my regular haunts -- is owned by David P. Ehrlich, another old time place that used to be on Tremont Street across from One Beacon.

Actually, Churchill's -- one of my regular haunts -- is owned by David P. Ehrlich, another old time place that used to be on Tremont Street across from One Beacon.

Is David P. Ehrlich no longer there? That was an excellent shop with a good selection and limited seating. I use to smoke there all the time back around '99.

Is David P. Ehrlich no longer there? That was an excellent shop with a good selection and limited seating. I use to smoke there all the time back around '99.

Yes it was a fine shop. It's now in Churchill's, but there's not a lot to it. You can buy some pipes and lighters and tobaccos, and its humidor is Churchill's.

You mean on that little corner near tremont and Charles? I think it's Charles...right near "City Place" I thought that was still there?

We are getting Erlich and Perretti confused. Perretti is on the corner of Charles St. Erlich is/was on Trement St. near Govt Ctr.

Back