Carry On Cigar Humidifiction, what will the TSA allow?

The Bruce

ChestBeater
It's a simple question. Will the TSA people allow me to bring cigars onto the plane in a case with a water pillow type humidifier? Does jelly like material freak them out?

--
Erik

It shouldn't. Besides, its not metallic, and that's what they are looking for in the X-Ray machines anyway.

FYI,

I was told a couple of days ago that a guillotine cutter is allowed as carry on. Not sure if it will hold true at all airports though.
:z

The Bruce said:
It's a simple question. Will the TSA people allow me to bring cigars onto the plane in a case with a water pillow type humidifier? Does jelly like material freak them out?

--
Erik
ive done it many times...

I've traveled this year with both plastic and metal travel humidors without problem. No one has ever looked in to see what type of humidification I was using

Ive never ever seen cigars classed as dangerous weapons-i think the most they would ever do would be x-ray them to check there is no hidden weapon inside them.

scrapiron said:
FYI,

I was told a couple of days ago that a guillotine cutter is allowed as carry on. Not sure if it will hold true at all airports though.
:z

I carried one last year to Key West in my carry on, mainly because I empty my pockets. Did the same this past March when I went the St Croix.

Just be prepared ot explain to TSA what is or is not allowed. Also, if you are going to take an empty lighter, you might want to put it in your carry on and show them that it is not filled. As far as the humidificatio device, don't attach a timing device to it and you should be fine. :D

When I flew last month back from Dallas, I couldn't even bring any type of lighter be it carryon or packed. Had to leave it with my brother to ship up.:mad:

I have brought a travel humidor with cigars and a humi bead container on many flights and never had any questions asked. I also keep my cutter in my carry-on so I can keep track of it. TSA rules allow this and I never had a question about it.

Lighters should be put in your check-in luggage, without fluid, according to TSA rules. I just buy a BIC when I get where I'm going though.

Just travelled to Costa Rica and to the RTDA. Both times I took (2) 32 count cigar caddies with no troubles at all.

I do put my lighters and cutters into my checked luggage but I also walked through the metal detectors with a bic in my pocket without it going off.

~M

No, definintily not in a carry on. From what i have read, heard and seen no liquids are to be carried on board, and a water pillow would certainly fall into that descripton. In your checked bags i don't know about

ResIpsa said:
No, definintily not in a carry on. From what i have read, heard and seen no liquids are to be carried on board, and a water pillow would certainly fall into that descripton. In your checked bags i don't know about

Not true, I had to carry on 7 bottles of liquor because they didnt allow liquor in check in baggage.

I wouldn't try it now , the rules changed since the latest threats in England. It said on my little T.V. that no liquids or gels are allowed any more.

Who knows anymore, before you know it they won't let cigars from certain countries in, wait...oh crap!

I bought a 9.5 x 9.5 heartfelt sheet. I cut it into a bunch of small pieces about 1.5 x 3 and they are what I use for shipping trades and for my travel humidor. No gel or liquid here. Just a thought.

freshdriver said:
Not true, I had to carry on 7 bottles of liquor because they didnt allow liquor in check in baggage.
have you been buried in a hole somewhere? READ, LISTEN, WATCH THE NEWS BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH/FINGERS INTO GEAR. NO CARRY ON LIQUIDS WILL BE ALLOWED.:sl

Back