cigar oasis ultra problems?

cmk325i

ChestBeater
Hey guys brand new to this forum and im loving all the great info.

i just picked up an CO ultra the hygrometer is off by like 10percent when i have it set to 60 my caliberIII reads 70.

Is this normal CO sent me another replacement and its the same story 8-10 percent off...

Hey guys brand new to this forum and im loving all the great info.

i just picked up an CO ultra the hygrometer is off by like 10percent when i have it set to 60 my caliberIII reads 70.

Is this normal CO sent me another replacement and its the same story 8-10 percent off...

Maybe it is the Caliber III that is off?

before you buy anything else, calibrate the hygrometer. The Humidipack calibration bag will do the job.

just picked up another cailberIII for my new humi thats coming monday .

im salt testing the two hygro's now its been aout 4 hours one reads 73 the other 71 when i wake up ill see the final results

I took a water bottle cap little white one. added salt mixed in some water tlill it was pasty and wouldnt spill out when i flipped it over . i also placed it into two ziploc bags .

Thanks for the help

all done with the salt test my old hygro was spot on 75 percent my new one said 73 so a made note of that and added a label to it that says +2.

Thanks for all the help looksl ike the oasis is about 10 percent off and from what i see this is somewhat normal so im okay with it .

my new humi comes tomorrow and the fun begins :D

nice to see you have things taken care of, :tu... show us some pics of that new humi...

here it is
DSC01074.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

That problem makes me very nervous...and the fact that my GF got me an Oasis Ultra and the exact same CAO humi for valentines day..:r

I have used the Oasis Ultra for a couple months now, and it has been doing a good job. However, I am having the same problem with the unit not controling the humidity. Mine is 10% off as well, but it has been doing such a great job I haven't bothered with sending it back to the factory. Plus, I just bought a load of cigars that I want to keep fresh.

I have salt tested my digital hydro and it checks out.

I will probably send the unit in before the warranty runs out, and I smoke though some of these stoggies.

But it has done its job so far, and it is perfect for my 75-150 humi.

It's the Cigar Oasis Ultra's fault!!! I was going to keep quiet until I really tested the situation myself...

I was very excited about the Cigar Oasis Ultra when it came out, an active Humidication device for a desktop, great!

Alas, I have had my CO Ultra for 10 months now (approx.) and have the Caliber III, and am on my 2nd CO Ultra, after going directly to the company here on Long Island. They were very nice, had their guy check it out and he said it was way off, they sent me new CO Ultra, working Ok until it started getting worse and worse and now is off 5% + on batteries and 10% off when plugged in socket, obviously can ruin one's cigars.
I recently contacted them once again and am awaiting their reply. I will keep you posted. VERY DISSAPPOINTED, so far!!! Too much $$ to be having such problems...

I am looking for a new humidifier device for my new humidor a larger desktop triangular glass top display - any suggestions?

The Caliber is on point, pretty much as far as I can tell. I am getting a Boveda soon to pinpoint it, but it does not fluctuate and my cigars are
maintained according to its reading and they have been great!! I might try something I can calibrate with my new humi...

:cb

It's the Cigar Oasis Ultra's fault!!! I was going to keep quiet until I really tested the situation myself...

I was very excited about the Cigar Oasis Ultra when it came out, an active Humidication device for a desktop, great!

Alas, I have had my CO Ultra for 10 months now (approx.) and have the Caliber III, and am on my 2nd CO Ultra, after going directly to the company here on Long Island. They were very nice, had their guy check it out and he said it was way off, they sent me new CO Ultra, working Ok until it started getting worse and worse and now is off 5% + on batteries and 10% off when plugged in socket, obviously can ruin one's cigars.
I recently contacted them once again and am awaiting their reply. I will keep you posted. VERY DISSAPPOINTED, so far!!! Too much $$ to be having such problems...

I am looking for a new humidifier device for my new humidor a larger desktop triangular glass top display - any suggestions?

The Caliber is on point, pretty much as far as I can tell. I am getting a Boveda soon to pinpoint it, but it does not fluctuate and my cigars are
maintained according to its reading and they have been great!! I might try something I can calibrate with my new humi...

:cb

PM your addy And I will send you some beads!!:bl

I've been using the CO Ultra in my huidor at work for a few months now. The hygrometer in it is way off, about 10%. But it works fine by setting it at 55%. I also have a little havana hygrometer in there that I salt tested.

One other note, when you fill a cigar oasis, follow the instructions in the FAQ on the website, not the ones that come with it. I've had to send back 2 CO XL units because they failed. They constantly run through all the number in the display. Their customer service said this can happen if you fill the reservoir by pouring in water and draining the excess, just like their instructions that come with them said.

So what is the verdict on the Cigar Oasis Ultra? Do they work just have to set them for a different humidity level than what you really want?

I ask because I was thinking of getting one, but if they are not going to work, not sure i want to waste the money.:confused:

IMHO. Do not buy it.

They definitely work. The Hygrometer is GARBAGE!! Mine is also 10 off. I have it set at 57 and it definitely works, but I have beads as well. ALso the unit works differently when plugged into the wall or battery operated, not just the conservation factor, as far as battery life (which they tout) and fan speed, but the hygrometer also reads differently so be careful!! Seemingly I just really use it for humidity circulation, which a fan could do and to add a humidity intermittently. but for the price you could probably do better.
:2

Back