Framingham - Watch City Cigar

MikeyC

SilverBack
Watch City Cigar
497 Worcester Rd. (Rt. 9)
Framingham, MA 01701

http://www.watchcitycigar.com/

Every time I go in this store their selection gets better and better. Watch City is definitely one of the larger cigar stores in the area with tons of cigars, accessories, pipes, tobacco, etc. They don't have much parking but it's never too busy in there. So, I've never had it be a problem. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. However, I was recently disappointed in a recent staff recommendation of a CAO America Monument.

Popped into Watch City today as I was in the area. Wow! Their selection gets better every time I go in. They had almost any Tatuaje you could want along with just about everything else Pepin makes from 601's to San Cristobal. They also had a nice stash of Opus X, Anejos (I think I snagged the last two sharks), GOF, and much more.

Some of the sticks I thought were kind of overpriced like some Padron Anniversary sticks for $30. Most of their singles though were only overpriced 1-2 dollars. So, if you're just buying some singles it's no big deal.

Stopped by Watch City on the way home from work today. Found the guys there to be very helpful. I wanted to hang in their lounge area and catch some ESPN. It's not the poshest set up in the world, but it was comfortable and clean. I wanted to try a stick I hadn't smoked previously and a good guy named Derrick recommended a J Fuego. Decent smoke, but that's a post for another forum.

In closing, if you're in the Framingham, MA area, stop by Watch City on Route 9. You could do worse.

i'm been going to watch city for years, barry and ernie are great guys.
I drop in there every once in a while and except for occasionally being out of super rare stuff (sharks, some sizes of Opus X, etc.) they always have what I'm looking for.

Their prices are undoubtedly higher than what you find on-line, but compared to some other B&M's in this state for the most part they're decent prices. Mainly, I blame tobacco taxes for the extra expense.

i love this place, its one of my favorite cigar store i've been to in america (sorry, it cant beat jj fox or davidoff in london, but thats understandable). they know a lot, but like others have said, i've seen the prices are a buck or two more than they are at other stores. i guess you have to pay a little more for the expertise they offer. there's something about walking into a cigar store, having that smell in the air, and a ready old man tell you more than you need to know, and more than you have asked about.

stearns

I work about 15 minutes away from Watch City and have never stopped in. I'm trying to recruit some others from the office to make a short road trip. The feedback seems positive on the selection... just wondering how the sitting area / smoking area is.

I work about 15 minutes away from Watch City and have never stopped in. I'm trying to recruit some others from the office to make a short road trip. The feedback seems positive on the selection... just wondering how the sitting area / smoking area is.

it's ok, nothing special but it does its job, has a coffee machine, leather chairs and a plasma ...

it's ok, nothing special but it does its job, has a coffee machine, leather chairs and a plasma ...

I decided to do a quick recon run after making my earlier post. While the cigar selection is fantastic, the smoking room is a bit lean. A pretty scaled down 14x14 room with seating for about 6-7 people (11-12 if you include the stools around the room). Servicable, and as you say... it does its job. That cigar selection is fantastic and offsets the smoking room.

I decided to do a quick recon run after making my earlier post. While the cigar selection is fantastic, the smoking room is a bit lean. A pretty scaled down 14x14 room with seating for about 6-7 people (11-12 if you include the stools around the room). Servicable, and as you say... it does its job. That cigar selection is fantastic and offsets the smoking room.
Yeah. I don't go there to smoke. I go there to buy cigars. I've bought some pretty hard to find cigars there in the past. I've found Opus X's there, sharks, and last time I was in I was told they had some Don Carlos Anniversaries in the back. I didn't buy any of the DC Annies as they cost more than I'm willing to spend on a cigar.

The only decent smoking lounge anywhere near there is Victory Cigar Bar in Sudbury on Rt. 20.

I went to the Framingham store and also the Waltham one. Skip the Waltham one and go to Framingham. Since your near there go to Firefly's barbecue and chow down. No I have no personal or financial stake in either, I like good food.:ss

I went by this past weekend and was impressed with the selection of Pepin, GOF, OpusX, and PAN... I did not see a lounge, did they get rid of it? :ss

I went by this past weekend and was impressed with the selection of Pepin, GOF, OpusX, and PAN... I did not see a lounge, did they get rid of it? :ss
I've never been in the lounge, but it's in the back off the hallway to the office and it's very small.

Their old room was much better. I think the old room is now a back support or foot support store attached.

Back