Fullerton - Red Cloud

smokinfish

Young Ape
Red Cloud Fine Cigars Tobacco
(714) 680-6200
118 E Wilshire Ave, Fullerton,

Great atmosphere and fair selection of smokes.

Re: Fulleton - Red Cloud

Have to disagree strongly about the atmosphere...it's actually very stuffy and snobby.

The prices for the drinks and smokes are VERY high, and you can only smoke what you buy there, and since its' a "private" club, you have to pay a membership and can only bring 5 people in with you.

It's not very well kept up and is usually VERY smokey - they always seem to have some excuse or another, but it's never very well ventilated.

They pressure you very hard to join at a "discount" becuase the new lounge in orange will open "soon" and the price will go up....the "soon" to open lounge in orange has been just about to open for about 3 years now...and word is from the city of orange that it will never open, but management at red cloud will never tell you that!

Would highly recommend Taylors in Long Beach, Second Street Cigars in Long Beach or Cigar Time in Cerritos over any red cloud.

Check out more about red clouds questionable business practices at the Better Business Bureau.

On the positive side, I will agree that they have a nice selection of smokes, unfortunately, they are more over priced than all the other local B&M's.

Stomp'N'Rock,
Joseph

I agree 110% with Gonzo regarding high prices and poor attitude. I was a member and continue to get their phone calls to "re-up", every time I get the call I explain to them that due to the horrible experience I had when I was turned away from a private club of which I was a member because I had my own cigars they in turn lost the over $6000.00 in bar tabs from me from the past year, not to mention the cigars that had been purchased by my guests. I will never set foot in this establishment again.

I have not stepped one foot in the establishment because I have heard the exact same things mentioned here. They do not have a good reputation at all.

Wow!

I've never had a bad experience there. I must admit though I only go after lunch during the week. Not crowded, usually around 1/2 a dozen people of so. Everyone seems friendly. Must be a different crowd at night. I bring my own smokes in and never get hassled.

My 2¢

Wow!

I've never had a bad experience there. I must admit though I only go after lunch during the week. Not crowded, usually around 1/2 a dozen people of so. Everyone seems friendly. Must be a different crowd at night. I bring my own smokes in and never get hassled.

My 2¢

Any news on when the Orange lounge will be opening?

Word has it that they are closing the doors on the store in Orange.

I heard they are having to much trouble with the city.

Anyone know the true story about Red Cloud?

I read some non pleasing stuff in a fullerton business mag. Then I got an email about changing names or ownership but all memberships in good standing will be honored.

Id also like to know what the real deal is with this place....The guy at the front let us in last saturday night and it seemed really cool. The cigars were over priced but there was a good selection.

2 beers, a chocolate martini for the lady, and a rusty nail with chivas 12 only cost $25 which isnt bad...

They wanted $350 for a year membership which was pretty steep

Back