gran Habano corojo #5

Legend

ChestBeater
I will repost my rating system until everyone gets used to it.

I do a simple impression of the cigar what I liked or disliked and have a 5 point scale

1 dog rocket. This is a crappy cigar. Of course better than a machine rolled. But harsh. Fast and got burn. Bad flavor or no flavor.

2. Yard gar. This is a descent smoke but its okay to smoke it if your are working in the yard. Or don't have time to finish.

3. Good smoke. Better than a yard gar. Hate to not finish it.

4. Premiums. these are great smokes. You will want to take your time. Have it with friends really enjoy it. They will be in your top 25.

5. Super premiums. These are your top 5 cigars. They are well constructed. Burn well. Taste awesome.

Ok

Gran Habano corojo #5

This is a 3. Solid 3 with a desire to push up. I have tried all sizes robusto, and imperial are my favorite. First it is a fantastic cigar for the price. Most cigars this nice will cost more. The robusto is spicy and hearty with great flavors. The imperial has a georgeous oily wrapper that brings a pleasant sweetness to the cigar. Both have woody flavor and burn nice.

If you want a quality smoke that won't break the bank but deliver rich smooth flavors this is a good stick. If you love corojos this stick may edge itself into a 4 for you.

Dead on! Very solid, good tasting stick. From $1 to $1.50 per stick for a bundle on cbid.

I will repost my rating system until everyone gets used to it.

I do a simple impression of the cigar what I liked or disliked and have a 5 point scale

1 dog rocket. This is a crappy cigar. Of course better than a machine rolled. But harsh. Fast and got burn. Bad flavor or no flavor.

2. Yard gar. This is a descent smoke but its okay to smoke it if your are working in the yard. Or don't have time to finish.

3. Good smoke. Better than a yard gar. Hate to not finish it.

4. Premiums. these are great smokes. You will want to take your time. Have it with friends really enjoy it. They will be in your top 25.

5. Super premiums. These are your top 5 cigars. They are well constructed. Burn well. Taste awesome.

Ok

Gran Habano corojo #5

This is a 3. Solid 3 with a desire to push up. I have tried all sizes robusto, and imperial are my favorite. First it is a fantastic cigar for the price. Most cigars this nice will cost more. The robusto is spicy and hearty with great flavors. The imperial has a georgeous oily wrapper that brings a pleasant sweetness to the cigar. Both have woody flavor and burn nice.

If you want a quality smoke that won't break the bank but deliver rich smooth flavors this is a good stick. If you love corojos this stick may edge itself into a 4 for you.

Nice review. I like the to the point rating system. :tu

I too love the GH #5. I find them to smoke best a little dry due to the super oily corojo wrapper. I tend to dry box these for a couple days before smoking and store them at 62%

Give that a try next time, the flavors really seem to "pop" when I do this.

Dead on-- Imperialis is my favorite. Every time I pick up one I immediately want to smoke it. Very dark and oily and delicious beyond the 5 dollar price tag. Definitely would recommend getting a box of them if anyone gets the chance or is thinking of trying something new.

Nice review! I like the rating system too. After a year they really become super smooth and they mellow out quite a bit. Almost too much. I really like the entire GH line and the cheaper GR Specials they produce. Great cigars with an even better price.

Greg, they were the first that I ever bought a box (#5 Rothschild) and they are still my favorite. That Sig Lance that you sent me was incredible. Paul

I've got a 20-bundle of these (minus 4 that I've smoked/gifted) that I'm taking to a weekend event to share with some friends that are occasional cigar smokers. I really enjoy this cigar for the money until it gets down to the last 1/4 or so. Then it turns to :BS but no foul pitching it at this point for $1.20/stick.

I've got a 20-bundle of these (minus 4 that I've smoked/gifted) that I'm taking to a weekend event to share with some friends that are occasional cigar smokers. I really enjoy this cigar for the money until it gets down to the last 1/4 or so. Then it turns to :BS but no foul pitching it at this point for $1.20/stick.

You're getting these at a $1.20 a stick?

I think it was a one time steal. Ususally they seem between $1 and $2 a stick for 20. Still an awesome price for the smoke, but now that I hit them for a $1 a throw, that is my goal..... Not realistic - but a target.

These are my go to sticks. 3 boxes waiting in the cooler...one that's from late 2006 :tu :ss

Just got back from my weekend event where I took a bundle of these to share...

1. Back when I first got the bundle I smoked two. Both got funky down at the last 1/3 or so.
2. The rest of the bundle sat in my humi for the month or so leading up to last weekend.
3. After some rest, these cigars were epic for the money!

There were three regular cigar smokers I shared 'em with, and the rest of the guys were the once-a-year/white-owl/a-cigar-is-a-cigar crowd. Everyone was solidly impressed with the Gran Habanos! One of the regular cigar smokers told me he was enjoying it as much as the RP 1992 he'd brought along and smoked earlier in the day.

So that's my update on these - let 'em rest a while in the humi and you've got a damn good cigar for the money.

-Pete

I bought a box of the gran robustos a couple of years ago. For me, even after a couple of years of aging, they still have a bit of a chemical process aftertaste....it ain't ammonia and I don't know how to describe it. Good deal for the price....but, overall, not a well balanced cigar IMO.

Back