Jack Daniels Open Bottle

elderboy02

SilverBack
My parents have a bottle of Jack Daniels in their basement that has been sitting there for at least 25 years. It is half full. Is it still ok to drink?

My parents have a bottle of Jack Daniels in their basement that has been sitting there for at least 25 years. It is half full. Is it still ok to drink?
If it has a cork stopper I would try it.:bl
I have a bottle of Maker's that I dipped 10 years ago march that I am planning to go there(Maker's) and open on its b-day :):)

Open it up, give it a sniff and then pour. Grab the glass lift to your mouth and drink. If its bad spit it out, however if its good pour another glass. :chk

Open it up, give it a sniff and then pour. Grab the glass lift to your mouth and drink. If its bad spit it out, however if its good pour another glass. :chk

Just drink the damn thing or I'll PM you my addy and I'll try it for you!:tu:tu

Should be fine. I have a bottle from 85 that came in a crystal decantur, it's about half full, I spoke to rep for JD and he said it should be fine but doesn't age like wine.

D

It won't have aged. Aging stops when whisky is bottled. It should be fine, however. The alcohol will act as a wonderful preservative. I am of the opinion that whisky has far more benefits than demerits so I say, give it a shot.

After that shot, give it another one or two more as well.

It started out as mostly alcohol so even if it evaporates it's still mostly alcohol.

I'm thinking you should drink it!

I was just wondering if it would go bad and make me sick. I haven't drank much whiskey before. Only 1 Jack and Coke.

I was just wondering if it would go bad and make me sick. I haven't drank much whiskey before. Only 1 Jack and Coke.

I doubt it. I'm not a big drinker - but I do enjoy a drink every so often. That said - believe it or not - we still have a couple of bottles from our wedding reception around here that I still have a shot out of every now and then.

Tastes fine and never been sick. So long as it's been capped or corked there should be no worries.

And oh yeah - our wedding reception was in 1978.

:ss

Ron

Don't worry... I have never known ANYBODY to get sick from drinking Whiskey.
Just go ahead and finish it off. In fact... chug-a-lug!
:pu

:D

Just kiding... should be fine. I really don't recommend the chug-a-lug approach. :hn

Apparently there's a half bottle rule. This came up some time back and what I found was >= half full it'll stay good, though < half it turns for the worse.

Don't worry though, I opened a bottle of my mother's homemade wine and took a nice big drink of vinegar. Still alive!

Back