Lighter orientation? Right-side-up? Upside down? Sideways?

vYu223

Newbie in the jungle
Hello all! I've been a lurker here for a couple of weeks, and decided to go ahead and buy a Blazer PB 207 torch lighter after reading much about it on these forums. I bought the original, non-cr (child resistant) model - the one with a ring stand. Color: clear. It should arrive at my house in a couple of days. I went to a local John T's Unique Gifts and bought Vector quintuple refined butane.

I have a couple of questions. Do I have to light the lighter right-side-up everytime? Does the orientation of the lighter matter when it is lit? Can I light it upside down? Sideways? And most importantly: Will it damage the lighter if I light it in any orientation other than right-side-up?

Also, when I receive the lighter, if it already has butane in it (which I would assume would be Blazer's own triple refined butane, I hope), should I be able to just start using it out of the box? Or should I empty it, bleed/purge completely, then refill using the vector quintuple-refined butane?

Thanks, all!

Welcome to the board!

You can orientate the lighter any way you wish - I don't personally see what the problem could be. The liquid butane is being expelled as gas, so there shouldn't be any kind of discrepancy. I've angled my lighters all different ways and no problems to speak of. When actually starting it, I would do it right-side-up, but once it's going, you can do whatever you need to with it, since I presume you'll be floating through space the way you describe it :D

And yes, you can use it right out of the box. I do this with all my lighters - I just use up what little they gave me to start with. Why waste it?

Hope this helps ;)

Hello all! I've been a lurker here for a couple of weeks, and decided to go ahead and buy a Blazer PB 207 torch lighter after reading much about it on these forums. I bought the original, non-cr (child resistant) model - the one with a ring stand. Color: clear. It should arrive at my house in a couple of days. I went to a local John T's Unique Gifts and bought Vector quintuple refined butane.

I have a couple of questions. Do I have to light the lighter right-side-up everytime? Does the orientation of the lighter matter when it is lit? Can I light it upside down? Sideways? And most importantly: Will it damage the lighter if I light it in any orientation other than right-side-up?

Also, when I receive the lighter, if it already has butane in it (which I would assume would be Blazer's own triple refined butane, I hope), should I be able to just start using it out of the box? Or should I empty it, bleed/purge completely, then refill using the vector quintuple-refined butane?

Thanks, all!
Welcome to the jungle!

It doesn't really matter which way you hold it, whatever's comfortable (maybe not upside down...). I usually hold mine sideways while I toast the foot, then right side up when puffing. As for the butane, good choice. Also, the lighter will not ship with fuel since it is hazardous. But, it will be ready to use out of the box, and it would probably be a good idea to bleed it.

I usually hold my cigar with my left hand and lighter in the other so that the jet flame is coming head on against the cigar keeping it far enough away that it's just heating the cigar, not burning a crevice into it as I move the lighter in a circular motion as to get an even burn. Generally had great results this way...

First, you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. THEN you roast the mallow. When the mallow's flamin, you stick it on the chocolate. Then, you cover it with the other end. Then, you scarf.

Back