Madison - Maduro Cigar Bar

gvarsity

mr. mom
http://www.madurocigarbar.com/

This is a nice bar about a block from the E side of the capitol. It is in the middle of a row of bars and small restaurants. Excellent selection of premium draft beers, wine, & spirits. The humidor is at the far end of the bar from the front door.

It is a double door humidor probably seven feet tall. Their selection is can be decent and their prices are very good for a bar setting. They are not consistent in what cigars are available it has varied quite a bit each time I have been there.

Staff are very good and even pretty knowledgeable about cigars. The space is set up with a very long bar and 3-4 areas with two couches facing each other with a coffee table in between. Can get very loud and very smokey on a Friday evening. They definitely push the capacity of their ventilation.

The owners fought very hard for over a year I believe to get a smoking ban exemption from the city ordinance. One of the results of this is pipe and cigar smoking only no cigarette smoking in the bar. It's pretty funny to watch cigarette smokers stand out in the cold next to the smoke filled bar.

The other result of the exemption is they have to have cigar sales be a certain percentage of their overall sales to maintain their exemption. Therefore I always try to pick up at least one cigar when I am there.

I do enjoy coming home and hitting Maduros at least once. I usually bring my own smokes, but always buy a stick or two while I'm there. Great setting and vibe in the bar.

I highly suggest checking this place out if you're in the area.

We are hosting a HERF at Maduro on February 26th featuring Gurkha Cigars and Bells Beer. Tickets are $40 in advance. Space is limited. You can pickup a ticket at Maduro or call them 608-294-9371 to charge it.

Hope you can make it. I always do my best to make it a real good time.

I hit this spot this week. It has a perfect setting for your cigar or smokes plus a great selection of beer, scotch, bourbon, vino. And while you're in there, you'll never know who you bump into. :ss

Went there last Saturday evening. Very nice place.

But you need to pay attention - when you buy a stick from them, they quickly cut the end for you, assuming you mean to smoke it then and there. No big deal, but I had brought an Ashton to smoke there and purchased a Tat to take home in the name of keeping their 'from cigar revenue' up.

Well ... I just smoked the Tat Saturday instead. Didn't know she was going to cut it - she's very quick. :)

Went there last Saturday evening. Very nice place.

But you need to pay attention - when you buy a stick from them, they quickly cut the end for you, assuming you mean to smoke it then and there. No big deal, but I had brought an Ashton to smoke there and purchased a Tat to take home in the name of keeping their 'from cigar revenue' up.

Well ... I just smoked the Tat Saturday instead. Didn't know she was going to cut it - she's very quick. :)

Indeed. I go there with a few cigars in hand. I pick out 1 or 2 depending on how many I brought to smoke. As soon as she pulls it out of the cab she turns to cut the thing. Gotta to be on your toes around there.

Good place good people

Back