Madison - Monona Tasting Room of Monona

gvarsity

mr. mom
http://www.tastingroomofmonona.com/ (Beware link kills Firefox 2.0 works in IE. Smells of frontpage)

This is a nice combo cigar/wine shop. The owners are very cool and one of them is always working. This is a shop not a bar but there are nice stools at a counter that feels a bit like a bar and some nice leather chairs to sit in and smoke. They do have a liquor license and they will have impromptu wine tastings or you can buy wine by the glass.

Good sized humidor. Decent prices and some really good cigars. Have a couple boxes of OpusX and some Ashton ESG right now. Also a big range of Fuente, Perdomo, Torano, Camacho, Oliva, Padron, CAO, & LFD. Nothing that I know of for the Pepin whores but still some really good smokes. They are moving up the road about a mile in Feb. This only about 5 min from 90-94 interstate for those passing through heading to Chicago or the Twin Cities.

They just moved down the street and it is MUCH MUCH nicer. They have a nice lounge and 3X bigger humidor. They also are carrying the DPG lines and a lot more after coming back from the IPCPR.

They just moved down the street and it is MUCH MUCH nicer. They have a nice lounge and 3X bigger humidor. They also are carrying the DPG lines and a lot more after coming back from the IPCPR.

Awesome news! I asked them about the DPG lines at the Grand Re-Opening, and they said they were going to try to get them in. I'll have to head out there this week.

Pretty sure. It's not really a bar. They do sell wine and high end liquor. I remember buying cigars at a place that sold wine when I was under age so I don't think it should be a problem. It's definitely worth the try! Good luck:tu.

anyone know if they allow under 21 y/o in?

Pretty sure. It's not really a bar. They do sell wine and high end liquor. I remember buying cigars at a place that sold wine when I was under age so I don't think it should be a problem. It's definitely worth the try! Good luck:tu.

Sweet. Now I just need a bus route to get there...

Just an FYI that the Tasting Room of Monona made their move to the new location this past June, 2008. It is up the hill on the right from their old location on Monona Drive.

The new humidor is great and their selection better than ever. It is definitely worth a stop. Great wine and fine liquor selections as well. Lots of unique artwork too, which is created by one of the owners.

http://www.tastingroomofmonona.com/ (Beware link kills Firefox 2.0 works in IE. Smells of frontpage)

This is a nice combo cigar/wine shop. The owners are very cool and one of them is always working. This is a shop not a bar but there are nice stools at a counter that feels a bit like a bar and some nice leather chairs to sit in and smoke. They do have a liquor license and they will have impromptu wine tastings or you can buy wine by the glass.

Good sized humidor. Decent prices and some really good cigars. Have a couple boxes of OpusX and some Ashton ESG right now. Also a big range of Fuente, Perdomo, Torano, Camacho, Oliva, Padron, CAO, & LFD. Nothing that I know of for the Pepin whores but still some really good smokes. They are moving up the road about a mile in Feb. This only about 5 min from 90-94 interstate for those passing through heading to Chicago or the Twin Cities.

I was in there again last week. Very nice shop. Lounge are is small but comfortable. They have over doubled there humidor space and have a lot of vitolas of a of good brands. Very easy to find something good to smoke on sight just hard to choose. The brothers are nice guys. Late afternoon is a good time go in shoot the breeze of a cigar and glass of wine. Quite often they have a bottle of something open for tasting.

They had a fun event with Camacho cigars last Friday. They have a Gurkha event in November, and a burbon/cigar event in November. It's really nice with their new lounge setup. And, they always have some nice door prizes.

Damn! I would have enjoyed the Camacho event. They do a good job. I like the place a lot I wish I had more time to hang out.

Back