Man O' War Churchill

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
I did a search and couldn't find any reviews on the Man O' War line. Here's what CI says about them:

"Man O’ War is carefully blended and hand-crafted by Abdel Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. Born in Cuba, Abdel began working with tobacco at a very young age under the watchful eye of cigar legend Alejandro Robaina. Don Alejandro is widely regarded as the Godfather of premium tobacco, growing what has been considered the finest wrapper leaf in Cuba’s prized Pinar del Rio region for the past 40+ years. After years absorbing this knowledge, Abdel moved to Nicaragua 6 years ago and began building what is now emerging as one of the finest boutique makers in the country.

Of all the cigars made in his factory – ITC 10th Anniversary, Padilla Habano, Rocky Patel Fusion – Abdel considers the Man O’ War his finest creation. Each expertly made cigar is a sight to behold. The dark Habano Ecuador wrapper is beautiful...thick, smooth, and covered with natural oils. This thing is stunning, positively gorgeous. But underneath the velvet glove is a hammer, a robust medium-full recipe of aged Cuban-seed Nicaraguan long-fillers which unleashes a bold bouquet for the senses. The opening is robust, with heavy spice and wood undertones, developing a chewy, velvety-smooth core of oak and earth which coats the palate, leaving behind a sweet array of spices. A variety of understated nuances come and go throughout the burn, including coffee, cocoa bean, and a touch of vanilla. Man O’ War is simply incredible. I mean it.

The packaging for Man O’ War is suitably impressive, a presentation to match the quality of the cigar itself. 22 Man O’ War cigars snugly packed in a unique, heavy cedar chest."

This cigar starts out with some very familiar "Pepin-Like" heavy spice. After about an inch or so, the spice becomes more subtle and rich, earthy taste takes over. This is a very sweet, chocolaty, and heavy cigar throughoeut the rest of the smoke. The final third becomes one of the heaviest NC's I've ever had. I have to say, these are SUPER GOOD!

MCS

I did a search and couldn't find any reviews on the Man O' War line. Here's what CI says about them:

"Man O’ War is carefully blended and hand-crafted by Abdel Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. Born in Cuba, Abdel began working with tobacco at a very young age under the watchful eye of cigar legend Alejandro Robaina. Don Alejandro is widely regarded as the Godfather of premium tobacco, growing what has been considered the finest wrapper leaf in Cuba’s prized Pinar del Rio region for the past 40+ years. After years absorbing this knowledge, Abdel moved to Nicaragua 6 years ago and began building what is now emerging as one of the finest boutique makers in the country.

Of all the cigars made in his factory – ITC 10th Anniversary, Padilla Habano, Rocky Patel Fusion – Abdel considers the Man O’ War his finest creation. Each expertly made cigar is a sight to behold. The dark Habano Ecuador wrapper is beautiful...thick, smooth, and covered with natural oils. This thing is stunning, positively gorgeous. But underneath the velvet glove is a hammer, a robust medium-full recipe of aged Cuban-seed Nicaraguan long-fillers which unleashes a bold bouquet for the senses. The opening is robust, with heavy spice and wood undertones, developing a chewy, velvety-smooth core of oak and earth which coats the palate, leaving behind a sweet array of spices. A variety of understated nuances come and go throughout the burn, including coffee, cocoa bean, and a touch of vanilla. Man O’ War is simply incredible. I mean it.

The packaging for Man O’ War is suitably impressive, a presentation to match the quality of the cigar itself. 22 Man O’ War cigars snugly packed in a unique, heavy cedar chest."

This cigar starts out with some very familiar "Pepin-Like" heavy spice. After about an inch or so, the spice becomes more subtle and rich, earthy taste takes over. This is a very sweet, chocolaty, and heavy cigar throughoeut the rest of the smoke. The final third becomes one of the heaviest NC's I've ever had. I have to say, these are SUPER GOOD!

MCS

I have to try these again, to be honest my first impression was like smoking a cajun style turd. Lots of spice, harsh flavors. I still have 4 left in the humi, will try another and look for these flavor profiles.

I have to try these again, to be honest my first impression was like smoking a cajun style turd. Lots of spice, harsh flavors. I still have 4 left in the humi, will try another and look for these flavor profiles.
I had a similar result as well. I was not getting the full flavor as advertised either. I have one left in the humi right now which I wish I was smoking at the moment because CI has them currently as the one day deal.

Didn;t care for the Robusto I smoked early last week. I got the flight sampler so i have 2 of each size to try. gonna let 'em rest a bit.

I still like you!:tu

Back