Mr. Doug

Gorilla
Medina Cigar
307 E. Washington Street
Medina, Ohio 44256
office (330) 722-1010

Monday - Saturday 10 A.M. till 10 P.M.
Sunday Noon till 6 P.M.

Medina Cigar just opened about 5 weeks ago. The setting is a quaint house in the heart of Down-Town Medina. They have a fantastic 14'X14' humidor stocked full of fine cigars. That alone would be a great reason to shop there, but Phil has a HUGE TV room with 4 big couches to hang out on, a big kitchen with refreshments, and great decor everywhere.

This is REALLY a Class-A place. Phil really out-did himself with this one. I knew it'd be nice, but I wasn't expecting anything like this.

Stop in and check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
a very nice shop with a quality selection of smokes for everyones tastes. Phil and Scott have a winner there in Medina. Can't wait til the "members lounge" opens.

I was in for the first time on 03/15 It looks like most of the construction was done on the main level. Like the others have said this is a first class establishment, not only for a place to buy cigars, but with the Ohio smoking ban a year old now the lounge is going to be a great place to sit and enjoy a cigar. I live 45 minutes away but can see myself driving the distance especially in the winter to enjoy a few cigars.

Perhaps they would host a herf? Might be a good marketing tool as well as a way for some Buckeyes to meet.

thoughts anyone?
Are the owners part of Club Stogie?
gary

a very nice shop with a quality selection of smokes for everyones tastes. Phil and Scott have a winner there in Medina. Can't wait til the "members lounge" opens.

I live 10-15 mins from Medina Cigar and am anxious to check it out. I smoked a few at Corona in Orlando last year and was telling an employee how I wish we had something like this around us.
I'll give an update after I check it out. :ss

niether owner is a member here but both are members of the Akron Cigar Club[local group that i am the president]. the shop is now our "un-official official clubhouse" and we hold our monthly meetings there. scott and phil will be hosting numerous events at the shop and they do have a public[must purchase a cigar for admittance] and private lounge[membership required]

I live 10-15 mins from Medina Cigar and am anxious to check it out. I smoked a few at Corona in Orlando last year and was telling an employee how I wish we had something like this around us.
I'll give an update after I check it out. :ss

I was able to make it up there yesterday evening. As I entered, I was welcomed by Mike and was immediately shown around the establishment. He walked me through the public kitchen, TV room and then the spacious humidor. To say the least, I was very impressed. The cigar selection was vast and they were not overpriced what so ever. The public lounge was great....I was able to kick back and watch the Cavaliers game on a nice flat panel HDTV. I think the thing I was most impressed with was how friendly the staff and clientèle were. Can't wait to go back.

I am going to be in that area in the next couple of weeks. Hope to be able to stop in. Is there a way to get on the mailing list for any of the events coming up?

niether owner is a member here but both are members of the Akron Cigar Club[local group that i am the president]. the shop is now our "un-official official clubhouse" and we hold our monthly meetings there. scott and phil will be hosting numerous events at the shop and they do have a public[must purchase a cigar for admittance] and private lounge[membership required]

Bought my coupon the other day. I hope it is here by next tuesday as I am going to Cleveland and intend to stop in.....whether I have the coupon or not. Without it, I'm afraid it will get more expensive :hn

Click on this link to get a $50 GC for $25. http://wtam.mediawebconnect.com/index.php?deal=5228

I asked them about these and they said that they must be used in full. I'm probably going to buy a Xikar lighter and a handful of stogies with it.

I've bought these before for restaurants and they work great.

Bought my coupon the other day. I hope it is here by next tuesday as I am going to Cleveland and intend to stop in.....whether I have the coupon or not. Without it, I'm afraid it will get more expensive :hn

Got mine in 2 days. Waiting for my humidor to get back to 65-70% RH. I don't stock it over the winter, so I'm waiting for it to get back in shape, before throwing a few beauties in it.

Good luck!

Got mine in two days as well, so I will be definitely stopping in next week.

Got mine in 2 days. Waiting for my humidor to get back to 65-70% RH. I don't stock it over the winter, so I'm waiting for it to get back in shape, before throwing a few beauties in it.

Good luck!

Stopped at the Medina Cigar Store/Lounge today. As others have said this is a first class place. Wish we had them closer to home. Outstanding selection of cigars, outstanding lounge. Big screen TV, multiple comfortable couches and chairs. Excellent! Met several locals there and all were extremely open and friendly, true BOTL. Met Phil, one of the owners, extremely knowledeable and friendly. While there I fired up a Camacho 10th Anniversary which was extremely good. I then asked Phil for a recommendation and he told me to try a Perdomo ESV 91. Wow! This was a cigar that had so many wonderful flavors, and a delicious aroma. My pallet is not that sophisticated to tell you what they all are, but my pallet was telling me this a great cigar. I did not intend to buy a box of cigars but did. I got a box of these for 176 minus 10% box discount which I figured I was still over paying but after checking tonight was EXTREMELY competitive with anything on the net. Plus, I got a table top Perdomo lighter free.
This is a place I highly recommend and will stop into every chance I get on my way to Cleveland and back.

:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk

Just got an invitation from a colleague at my country club that a private cigar club is opening in cuyahoga falls. It is opening august 30th and is for members only. About time a place like this opened. I love visiting my clients in new york and going to the private clubs they belong to. Amazing times.

Just got an invitation from a colleague at my country club that a private cigar club is opening in cuyahoga falls. It is opening august 30th and is for members only. About time a place like this opened. I love visiting my clients in new york and going to the private clubs they belong to. Amazing times.

How's about the details? What's the name of it and where is it at? What costs are involved?

How's about the details? What's the name of it and where is it at? What costs are involved?

Yeah the details, I am so slow at times. It is called the cedar room and it will be on Front Street in downtown Cuyahoga Falls. The building is not the greatest (i.e. parking, so they are going to valet park, sweet!), but the inside is so nice. two 42" plasmas professional hold em table, humidor lockers, alcohol cubby, etc. As far as I know I signed up for the year for 540, which gets me a humidor locker, alcohol cubby, 10% all purchases, and I can bring a guest. I just wanted to get locked up early as they are only taking 40 members and I know that several people from the country club had already locked in. I own a small business and this will be an excellent place to take clients during the cold months :)

Back