My Review of Palio and Blazer

ucubed

Lowland Gorilla
Well let me start off by saying hello to everyone and this is my first review here about anything. I took advantage of the Palio group buy and also ordered the Blazer PB207 and both were excellent buys.

The Palio cutter is beyond superb. Before I purchased my cutter, I used my roommate's Xikar Xi2. His cutter were a little dull in the middle and always, ALWAYS left a little bump and some residue on the tip of the cutter. Even doing the table technique it left a bump. I often go to cigar stores as well and the cutters they use there also do the same. Now this isn't a HUGE deal for I just wipe the tip on my hand to get the rough bits off, but the Palio cutter does none of that. Just a simple motion and a little tension on the cigar and a perfect cut is guaranteed. The ONLY complaint I have is that I'm more of the Xikar when it comes to being comfortable and not as awkward to hold. To be honest I prefer the scissors the most, but the Palio is by far the best cutter I've used.

The Blazer PB 207 is a very versatile torch lighter for a decent price. My roommate also owns a ST Dupont xtend and it lights fine, however it's for show. I love the triple flame or the table torch lighters, but they are just not practical and take a lot of gas. The Blazer PB 207 is nice and small, doesn't leave a huge bump in my pocket for a relight if I'm at a cigar shop and it uses little gas. My only problem is the strength of the flame, and it is pretty easy to blow out. In fact my room fan will blow it out. Other than that, I have no complaints what so ever on these 2 buys. If one does not have either, I say purchase them and use them as an everyday usage and keep your nicer ones for show.

I would show pictures, however I'm home for a month, but after this month I can post pictures of comparisons.

*Disclaimer: Once you start using the Palio and observe the nice clean cut, you wouldn't want to use your old cutter again :tu

I also just picked up a Palio. It works great the only thing that i dislike is its unfinished look. there is to much flashing around the out side edge, but as soon as i took it off it is fine.

Wouldn't trade my Blazer for any lighter on the market.

Need to get a Palio. Wish I had gotten in on the group buy.

I just started using my palio again, usually I get my b&m to do it, however today they were busy so I was like YES!!!! cuts wonderfully no problems as usual =)

i'm probably going to buy a palio during the next group buy because of this guy...putting my xikar to shame before i even get registered on this forum...

anyways. CF Palio Group Buy? anyone?

Isnt there an ongoing palio group buy?
Check the for profit forum....
EDIT: here ya go http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=168724

I will be in for a palio soon too... Maybe its time to organize a group buy

Loki,
I will be starting a Blazer GB shortly. I was asked by another member to organize. I would have done it already, but I did not want to step on RA's Evertch GB. Once that is finished I will post the Blazer GB info.

Dave

Loki,
I will be starting a Blazer GB shortly. I was asked by another member to organize. I would have done it already, but I did not want to step on RA's Evertch GB. Once that is finished I will post the Blazer GB info.

Dave

I would love to get in on this, can't wait.

I gotta admit, for cigar accessories, it gets no better than Palio and Blazer. Two great products.:tu
:tpd: I purchased both shortly after I dived into this hobby and have been completely satisfied. You can't go wrong with this combination! It's like mashed potatoes and gravy! You can't have one without the other.

I would show pictures, however I'm home for a month, but after this month I can post pictures of comparisons.

I'll help you out ucubed:

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

:tu:ss

Love my Palio, it has cut many cigars and still works like a charm.

Have a Blazer and it provides a great flame but does not work well in the wind. So I usually only use it on calm days.

Thanks for the review!

The Palio is nice. However, I prefer the Cuban Crafters perfect cigar cutter for less than half the price. It provides a uniform cut with their calibrated chamber. Not great on torpedo shaped cigars, will have to cut 2-3 times on those, but great on other shaped cigs. I have both, and choose the Cuban Crafters over Palio every time.

I had a chance to check out the Blazer at a herf yesterday, nice piece of gear. I'm sold on the power of the torch. It really shines when re-lighting (when you have to get past the stubborn ash). Wouldn't hesitate to buy one in a group buy.

Back