Shilala's Beads

andrewk

ChestBeater
As a few of you might know, about 1 month ago I had a series of minor crises regarding my cigars. I may have slightly over purchased, and I was suffering the effects of the SUPER humid St Louis summer. The fraction of cigars I could fit into humis were hanging right around 75%-80%!!!:mad:

While browsing the board and begging for help, I found a few good deals on humidors (Thanks Rob@ Taboo!) and noticed a bunch of praise for both Heartfelt's bead products, and CS member Shilala's bead products. It quickly became apparent one of these sets of beads would be the cure for my humidity problem.

All things being equal, I will always buy from a BOTL from CS over an online vendor, but as a broke college student, price was ver important to me.

I shot scott a few pm's and got amazingly quick and helpful responses - this guy is very professional and when he says he stands behind he product, it sure seems he means business! Needless to say, I was impressed enough with the support to forget about heartfelt and make my purchase right away!

After helping me decide how many beads I need, I placed my order. Within 3 days, the beads were at my doorstep. They came in individual 2 ounce fabric pouches. Roughly cigar shaped and flexible, these pouches easily manuvered into the minimal space in my humis.

Included with the beads was a 2 page professional and informative guide to maintaining these beads. (If you buy - please read!, it has tons of important info..)
The information covered how to calibrate a hygro, how to adjust beads if the RH is too high or too low, how to get in contact with Shilala with any questions... etc.

Now, as good as the service is, it doesn't mean diddly if the product is no good.
Luckily, the beads performed like champs! After just throwing them into my humi overnight, I saw a nice reduction in RH (went form 78% to 69% in one, 77% to 70% in another). With 65% being my target, I followed the instructions for drying out the beads and after another night, had dropped the rh to 63% in each! Wow! After giving them another few days, both humidors stabilized and read a solid 65 or 66%. Roughly 1 month later, they havent changed at all!

Just to give you an idea of how impressive this is - when I started, ambient RH hovered between 80%-95% daily. Today, RH is around 45%. Throughout this swing in ambient, I opened my humis at LEAST once a day, and the himdors' after being closed for a few min, never deviated from their 65%.

I just want to give my thanks to Shilala - you have an awesome product and you do and amazing job of supporting it.
If anyone here is looking for a humidification solution, I whole heartedly reccomend beads from Shilala - just shoot him a PM and I am sure he will be glad to help you out!:tu

I have read many great reviews about Scott's beads. I would like to point out that Viper(Heartfelt) is also a BOTL and a member of these boards, with great customer service. I am not trying to persuade anyone either way but just felt the need to clarify that.

I have read many great reviews about Scott's beads. I would like to point out that Viper(Heartfelt) is also a BOTL and a member of these boards, with great customer service. I am not trying to persuade anyone either way but just felt the need to clarify that.

No offense meant towards heartfelt from my original post. I am sure they are a great company and I have a lot of respect for the retailers that participate on this board.

My apologies if I came off as critical of heartfelt! :tu

No offense meant towards heartfelt from my original post. I am sure they are a great company and I have a lot of respect for the retailers that participate on this board.

My apologies if I came off as critical of heartfelt! :tu

I didn't feel that you were critical at all. :tu Just want to make sure that new members don't get the wrong idea. Dave doesn't post here as much anymore so a lot of the newer guys may not know that he is a member.

I just picked up a second lb of scott's beads and some oust fans to stabilize my cooler. He is a great BOTL and has a fantastic product that he does stand behind.

I just picked up a second lb of scott's beads and some oust fans to stabilize my cooler. He is a great BOTL and has a fantastic product that he does stand behind.
:tpd:All my humis and coolers are relativity maintaince free with the Scott's beads:tu

Nothing but love for those beads. I got a 120qt cooler a couple weeks ago and threw shilala beads in there. I open my coolidor in amazement to see that the humidity is always the same. I feel like its a cat and mouse game playing tricks on me. I know once I shut the door the humidity jumps up to like 90% and whenever I open it, it immediately goes to 65%. I just know nothing can be this good. :D

Nothing but love for those beads. I got a 120qt cooler a couple weeks ago and threw shilala beads in there. I open my coolidor in amazement to see that the humidity is always the same. I feel like its a cat and mouse game playing tricks on me. I know once I shut the door the humidity jumps up to like 90% and whenever I open it, it immediately goes to 65%. I just know nothing can be this good. :D

Haha this might make me sound pathetic but I wake up every morning, and the first thing I do is turn and look at the hygros in my humidors. What can I say? I like to start my day smiling:D

I agree. I'm using Scott's beads and they do a great job! (Also have some of Viper's Heartfelt - great too!)

Can't go wrong with Shilala beads. :)

Excellent job Scott. I think when I get a new cooler I will get beads from you (because I like to spread the love around) :tu
I'd love to have you try them out. :tu
You have to take care of them a lot differently, but it pretty much amounts to leaving them alone when you have nice tight storage.
I know you'll enjoy them. :)

If you are considering any other beads S T O P ! ! !

Get Scott's Beads and you will not regret it. TRUST ME

Sorry for the shameless Scott shout out but his products are unbelievable:tu

Back