Stone 12yr anniversary bitter chocolate oatmeal stout

Darrell

C is for cookie
stone12thanniversarysitbc6.jpg

1st let me say, damn this is the best chocolate stout I've ever had. It is like drinking bakers chocolate with hops, the finish is long and bitter like a chocolate bar, it's creamy, smooth, and sweet. Everything about this beer is phenomenal. :dr

Thanks for the tip Darrell. I love the product that comes out of Stone Brewery, and I also love Stout. Looks like I need to take a trip over to BevMo to see if they have it in stock:chk

Thanks for the tip Darrell. I love the product that comes out of Stone Brewery, and I also love Stout. Looks like I need to take a trip over to BevMo to see if they have it in stock:chk

That's where I got mine, bro. I love the Stone Imperial Stout. Too bad it's a seasonal beer. :mad:

I have got to get one of these, looks like a run to the liquor store tomorrow. We get some Stone all the way out here in MD... hope that's on the list!

Alright, halfway there, found it listed online in a MD store.. but it'll cost me 2 gallons of gas and a $5 toll to buy a $6.29 bottle of beer.... seems reasonable :D

Everything from stone is awesome.....Im with you darrell ....Their russian imperial stout is my all time favorite I hate that its seasonal....When it comes back in season Im going to stock up:tu

Everything from stone is awesome.....Im with you darrell ....Their russian imperial stout is my all time favorite I hate that its seasonal....When it comes back in season Im going to stock up:tu

Yes indeed, me too my man. :tu

1st let me say, damn this is the best chocolate stout I've ever had. It is like drinking bakers chocolate with hops, the finish is long and bitter like a chocolate bar, it's creamy, smooth, and sweet. Everything about this beer is phenomenal. :dr

:tpd: Based on your recommendation, I had some tonight at dinner at the Capital Ale House in Richmond--:dr excellent on tap!

Did you get some? :D

Yup, sure did. Not from that store though. There's a really good beer shop about 5 mi from home that carries a very extensive selection of microbrews, craft brews, etc. Lots of the 'numbered bottle' types of beer. They had a few a cases when I dropped in this afternoon. Came home with some of the Stone beer, and a six pack each of Post Road, Buffalo Bill's, Saranac, and Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. They were out of the Weyerbacher pumpkin, and I passed on the Dogfish Head and Jacks. All in all, a good beer run, thanks for the inspiration!

My pleasure. :D

Any idea the shelf life on brews such as Stone?

First of all IMHO Stone is one of the premier breweries in the U.S. We don't get it here in FL but I have had some shipped here and have sampled some upon my visits to my home state of NJ.

Any of the higher alcohol content (ABV) beers such as Barleywines, Double IPA's and Imperial Stouts will age well as long as you can maintain them at cellar temp (around 55*F or so).

I've sampled Barleywines and Imperial Stouts that were 10 years old or more and they are absolutely delicious. If you can find the self-discipline to age them it is worth the effort.

I'll be heading to the brewery sooner rather than later, that's for sure. I thought for some reason Stone was out of state.

Back