Surgery time, yikes!

Darrell

C is for cookie
Brent and I have talked about my frustration with the Military Medical system. Well I finally saw a new Doc today and he's scheduling me for surgery. I have a jacked up right knee and apparently they are going to go in and shave under my patella (knee cap) and then do a patella relocation, basically cut the bone, move it, and screw it back in. They also plan to cut this tendon on the right side of the knee cap so it's longer and stops pulling my knee out of place (aka dislocating).

It's a means to an end I hope, but he said it's very painful. So much that they are going to keep me overnight, so I have access to lots of drugs (his words).

Yowzer.

Brent and I have talked about my frustration with the Military Medical system. Well I finally saw a new Doc today and he's scheduling me for surgery. I have a jacked up right knee and apparently they are going to go in and shave under my patella (knee cap) and then do a patella relocation, basically cut the bone, move it, and screw it back in. They also plan to cut this tendon on the right side of the knee cap so it's longer and stops pulling my knee out of place (aka dislocating).

It's a means to an end I hope, but he said it's very painful. So much that they are going to keep me overnight, so I have access to lots of drugs (his words).

Yowzer.

Best of luck Mean Darrell, my buddy is an orthopedic surgeon and he told me all about this, said it's pretty straight forward and shouldn't be too difficult.

Here's to not having to work for a few weeks :tu

Hope you have a quick recovery.

That's spooky, I hope you are ok. I'm sure you'll be great and tank through it.

Just enjoy your corn flakes and vicodin breakfast:r

Best of luck with that one Darrell, as a guy with 2 knee surgeries and 3 and 4 already planned, I know how much of a pain in the ass they are. You will be as 'mean' as ever when all is said and done though :tu

Are they going to open the knee up, or do it artho?

I've had all the above done via artho in the past, and so has my daughter. I'm hoping for your sake they can do the same for you. Lots quicker heal time, much less pain. Good Luck on the outcome, whichever way they have to go in!

No herfing in the recovery room!

Get well soon, and if nothing else, try to get yourself a spongebath from one of the nurses...

Are they going to open the knee up, or do it artho?

I've had all the above done via artho in the past, and so has my daughter. I'm hoping for your sake they can do the same for you. Lots quicker heal time, much less pain. Good Luck on the outcome, whichever way they have to go in!

Hey Cliff, they said they will be going in ortho, luckily. I'd be reluctant if they were going to dice me up.

I hear that instead of drugs they give you cremosas? Let us know if that is true:tu

Fast recovery, Bro!

Darrell how could this be, no matter you have my well wishes and prayers for a complete recovery and may you come back stronger and "meaner" than before.

As far as the drugs, just tell the Doc that you prefer Rum. :tu

Last edited:
Hey bro, Glad to hear you have finally found a military doc willing to jump in and do what needs to be done! I know you have been suffering a long time, but hopefully surgery will go well and you will be back and kicking a$$ in no time!:tu

Mmm...Fetanyl.

Good luck, Darrell. And don't sweat it, these knee procedures are all very routine anymore, nothing to worry about. I should know, had both knees replaced in '05!

Back