Taboo Dominican Maduro

CigarDood

Young Ape
Rob was kind enough to throw a Taboo Dominican Maduro into the humidor deal he advertised here a week or so ago. I was going to let it rest for a bit, but I just could resist.

Size: 5x50

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Maduro
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

Appearance: milk chocolaty wrapper, somewhat veiny with minor imperfections, but overall, a nice stick

Construction: solid... very, very solid

Draw: a little tight at first, but it opened up nicely

Flavor: The pre-light draw was a little spicy, but once lit, the flavor quickly mellowed, and the stick took on a nice chocolate flavor with espresso undertones. The flavors held steady through the second third, but it picked up the pleasant "tang" one gets from Sancho Panza double maduros. The final third of the smoke got a little leathery with a slight bitterness that was incredibly pleasant.

Conclusion: This is a fantastic stick for those that like chocolate and espresso flavors. I will definitely order these again (and I was really disappointed that I don't have more sitting in my humi!).

Rob was kind enough to throw a Taboo Dominican Maduro into the humidor deal he advertised here a week or so ago. I was going to let it rest for a bit, but I just could resist.

Appearance: milk chocolaty wrapper, somewhat veiny with minor imperfections, but overall, a nice stick

Flavor: The pre-light draw was a little spicy, but once lit, the flavor quickly mellowed, and the stick took on a nice chocolate flavor with espresso undertones. The flavors held steady through the second third, but it picked up the pleasant "tang" one gets from Sancho Panza double maduros. The final third of the smoke got a little leathery with a slight bitterness that was incredibly pleasant.

Conclusion: This is a fantastic stick for those that like chocolate and espresso flavors. I will definitely order these again (and I was really disappointed that I don't have more sitting in my humi!).
Nice!!! I have one of these too from the same sampler.

Can't wait to fire it up!

Pip

I just smoked a Taboo Dominican Maduro in the corona size, and I agree with Cigardood 100%. This was a mild, flavorful cigar with coffee and chocolate flavors. The construction was excellent, and the draw on mine was right on the money. I would have said sweet coffee with chocolate undertones, but either way, the flavor profile is very nice. This is a solid choice for someone who is new to cigars, your friends who may not smoke cigars regularly, or for someone who simply likes Dominican cigars. I nubbed it. Well recommended! :tu

Yep those are scrumptious. I smoked the figurado and enjoyed every puff. Not only great flavors but perfect construction, draw, and burn too.

Great review - I've never tryed a Taboo cigar, I like the coffee undertones you mentioned, time to visit their site- I think i've waited long enough.:tu

CS,

Is this the first CS review on this new blend?

Thanks for the review
Rob

Yep those are scrumptious. I smoked the figurado and enjoyed every puff. Not only great flavors but perfect construction, draw, and burn too.

Just so we are not confused here, gnukfu is talking about the Taboo LR Maduro. (which is a great smoke and is 100% Dominican filler, thanks gnukfu)

I believe this review is on the new Taboo Dominican Maduro which is only available in Corona and Robusto.

I just don't want anyone confusing the two blends. They are both great sticks, but I think the Dominican Maduro has more chocolate/espresso than the LR Maduro.:tu

Thanks
Rob

Oops! I'm an idiot! Sorry about the confusion! :hn

Just so we are not confused here, gnukfu is talking about the Taboo LR Maduro. (which is a great smoke and is 100% Dominican filler, thanks gnukfu)

I believe this review is on the new Taboo Dominican Maduro which is only available in Corona and Robusto.

I just don't want anyone confusing the two blends. They are both great sticks, but I think the Dominican Maduro has more chocolate/espresso than the LR Maduro.:tu

Thanks
Rob

Back