Vinotemp Pictures

Kneo

The Second One
I am getting ready to start setting up my vino and I would like to see how every one else has there set up? So post pictures of your vino please.

Also what type of hygrometer does everyone use? I have seen a few people use some that are made Oregon Scientific, how well do these work? What other types does everyone use?

Plenty of pictures already posted. Do a search for vinotemp in the thread title and you'll get an idea. :tu I use a calibrated HygroSet Digital Hygrometer.

Hey there Kneo - I think you might recall I'm in the exact same boat as you (just bought my Vino on Sunday) so I like the thread.....while I'm usually shouting out things like 'show us yer......' (kidding), SHOW US YOUR VINO'S!

I picked up the Oregon Scientific - Model 300 - from Target for about $30 I think but the package is very misleading or I'm just plain dumb. The base unit offers temperature & humidity readings. The sensor only offers temperature. I was pisssed when I got home. I'd have to buy sensors from OS online at about $30 a pop, the 'cold' sensors because they provide humidity readings. I liked one CS gorilla's idea to place 3 sensors throughout but this would be a costly endeavor.

Then riversidestogie shot me a PM and suggested his http://bcspecialties.com/cigarasp/wi...hygrometer.asp . Looks pretty great, decent price and you can add as many sensors as you want. He likes his very much.

I'm currently weighing options and consdering shilala's chest of drawers, chuck's (darn, what's his screen-name?) drawers, mtmouse's cedar drawers/shelves or Joshpip's cedar drawers/shelves.

Hey there Kneo - I think you might recall I'm in the exact same boat as you (just bought my Vino on Sunday) so I like the thread.....while I'm usually shouting out things like 'show us yer......' (kidding), SHOW US YOUR VINO'S!

I picked up the Oregon Scientific - Model 300 - from Target for about $30 I think but the package is very misleading or I'm just plain dumb. The base unit offers temperature & humidity readings. The sensor only offers temperature. I was pisssed when I got home. I'd have to buy sensors from OS online at about $30 a pop, the 'cold' sensors because they provide humidity readings. I liked one CS gorilla's idea to place 3 sensors throughout but this would be a costly endeavor.

Then riversidestogie shot me a PM and suggested his http://bcspecialties.com/cigarasp/wi...hygrometer.asp . Looks pretty great, decent price and you can add as many sensors as you want. He likes his very much.

I'm currently weighing options and consdering shilala's chest of drawers, chuck's (darn, what's his screen-name?) drawers, mtmouse's cedar drawers/shelves or Joshpip's cedar drawers/shelves.

I am also considering Shilala's ChasDen's (Chuck) and mtmouse's. I just have to save some cash up first. All of them do very nice work. I have not seen Joshpips.

I am also considering Shilala's ChasDen's (Chuck) and mtmouse's. I just have to save some cash up first. All of them do very nice work. I have not seen Joshpips.

PM him; he's got a lot of cedar on hand and can show you his work. It looks very nice. We're currently discussing and I told him I'd put the word out since he's got so much wood (so to speak). I have to raise some cash myself, have ordered beads from shilala and I think when I'm ready to pull the trigger, I'll go with either mtmouse's or JoshPip's, it's all a matter of individual taste.

Here's mine with mtmouse shelves and Shilala beads. I'm using Xikar hygrometers.

012.jpg

013.jpg

I could not be happier with it.

Cheers!

billy

I agree, that is a great looking setup you have....... I need to look at doing that to my vino..........:tu

Back