$1 Bids

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
How many of you out there who buy on the Devil Site are willing to drop $1-3 bids on sticks you've never tried that don't seem to have any bids?

Just curious because I do; I've found some gems, and I've smoked some rockets, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth. I think I've dropped around $200 total in the past on those 1-3 dollar auctions that no one seems to want, probably totaling near 400 cigars, of which I may have smoked 50 and kept a further 50 of.

I used to, but now that I'm more or less out of storage space I've been sticking with stuff I know I like. It was harder to pass up a bundle of cigars for 5 bucks when I had a big, empty cooler.

I have never tried the $1 bundles. Probably in the future when I have more room. :hn

Last edited:
I don't have the room. I have picked up 5'ers that no one seemed to notice for really cheap. CBid is good and bad. $50 OpusXs are not as good as $10 ones. Remember that kiddies.:ss

DG

Not to sound like an asshat...but I cant be bothered. I hate having a whole bunch of something I don't like. I cant bring myself to take that risk. I usually do my taste testing at the B&M buying singles. If i hate the stick I don't tend to feel so bad buying just one... Maybe its the OCD in me, but I cant sleep at night knowing there is a dog rocket in my humidor.

Maybe its the OCD in me, but I cant sleep at night knowing there is a dog rocket in my humidor.

:r Too funny man!

I used to try the weird cheapies, gave up pretty quickly.

Bermudez (the worst)
Liga IV (close second)
R.B. Fundadores (General Cigar-bage)
Victor Sinclair _______ (insert name of any VS cigar)
Felipe Gregorio ______ (insert name of any FG cigar)
Fields of Gold (more like Fields of Mold)
Pirate's Gold (Reyes...I should have known better)
Fire (absolute worst Patel cigar)

:pu

Felipe Gregorio Power is rated over 90 points? And it's a dog rocket? Wow, thanks for the heads up. I'll toss mine immediately. hehe

Bermudez (the worst)
Liga IV (close second)

I agree with the others. I've got a cooler half filled with cheapo cigarbid sticks that I don't even want to smoke.

Live and learn.

Not to sound like an asshat...but I cant be bothered. I hate having a whole bunch of something I don't like. I cant bring myself to take that risk. I usually do my taste testing at the B&M buying singles. If i hate the stick I don't tend to feel so bad buying just one... Maybe its the OCD in me, but I cant sleep at night knowing there is a dog rocket in my humidor.

I couldn't agree more! At this point in my "Cigar Life", I'm into "Quality, not "Quantity" !!!:tu

I couldn't agree more! At this point in my "Cigar Life", I'm into "Quality, not "Quantity" !!!:tu

True, and I've found enough cheap smokes that I like and can toss and not feel bad.

Stock up on the cheap bundles that are tried and true for your everyday smokes, than save your money for the good stuff.

Now I say that after I put a $13 bid on VS 3x Corojo's this morning, a smoke I've never tried. :ss

Bermudez (the worst)
Liga IV (close second)

I think Diesel is worse than Fire. Diesel is baaaad!!

MCS

Been tempted, but after buying 200 Monopols from the big "T", I tend to shy away from that sort of thing. As far as the Fire goes, I like em for what they are. Not a top shelf stick in any sense of the word, but always a spot in my humi for a few of em. :tu

Since I have a nice firepit in the back if a cigar is so bad I don't want to smoke it I'll just give it to the flame. Still gets burned and I just light up another.

Back