10 cane rum

A little expensive for mojitos IMHO. I'd rather use Cruzan 2 year estate light, which runs ~ $18 per 1.5L.

10cane is good by itself, however.

I like it. I'm going to have some tonight, just because this thread reminded me that I have some. :tu

-Mark.

10 Cane Rum is one of the best rums out there IMHO...If anyone has had the pleasure of tasting real sugar cane, this rum has a sweet aftertaste that is just like biting into the real thing. It gives Mojitos a more "tropical" taste and is great by itself as well...can't go wrong with this one!

Good rum, but I agree with the general consensus that it's a tad over-priced. I'd buy it again, but only on sale.

My 10 Cane usually goes into mojitos, there're better rums for sipping :)

I refrained earlier from comment, but 10 Cane I would say is not necessarily a good introduction to "rum".

It's a purer, more agricultural style rum (rhum-ish) - straight cane. My guess is persons that gravitate to the edgier, rawer aspects of certain aged tequilas, might instantly like 10 cane as well as certain younger agricoles.

This rum style (10 Cane etc.) can be quite a surprise and contrast to one who is accustom to & expectant of molasses-based rum - especially of the heavier sort.

Back