$10 Gander Mountain Colibri

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
I was in Gander Mountain today and at the checkout they had a basket of these lighters for $10 each it looked like a sturdy torch so I picked one up got it home and looked on the bottom and realized it was a Colibri. It seams to work pretty well I got it home and topped off the reservoir it has a strong flame and is adjustable on the bottom. I'll use this for a couple days and may go pick up another to keep in the truck with the spare Xikar.
GMside.jpg
GMbottom.jpg

seems like a pretty nice grab for ten bucks. I love those z-plus zippo inserts though. really tough to beat for $12.

hey quan-
this is a little off topic, but i saw your avatar surfing last nite-d*** voyeurs!-BTW, if ya have any of them zplus inserts ya wanna off, maybe we could meet @ OSI for the CAO dealie

I found the same deal at target except it was a "coleman" lighter instead of gander mountain. But it was a colibri. The problem is there almost no flame. Do they have any fuel when you buy them? And if not, where do I get more. This is the second lighter I got from target that was not so good.

I found the same deal at target except it was a "coleman" lighter instead of gander mountain. But it was a colibri. The problem is there almost no flame. Do they have any fuel when you buy them? And if not, where do I get more. This is the second lighter I got from target that was not so good.

Try Lava brand fiz. I got a can of that from the Kings Contrivance B&M about a year ago; works great.

Try Lava brand fiz. I got a can of that from the Kings Contrivance B&M about a year ago; works great.

Thanks, I think I will try that. I did get some fuel (at Target again) and tried filling the colibri but it pretty much sprayed everywhere, froze my fingers off, and had no apparent affect on the actual flame!

My problem is that when I have some money I want to buy *cigars* and never put any cash into accessories. But I think it is time for a nice lighter...

If it's a Colibri it will break. I have 2 $70 Colibri's that just sit there and look pretty in the bottom of a drawer. I think they lasted a couple of weeks each. Yes, I use top of the line Fuel.

POS if you ask me - :ss :ss :ss

guess i got lucky w/mine-have 2 figurado colibri's, got both for the s&h cost w/box purchase-i use colibri or king butane in them & haven't had a problem-i blow them out w/compressed air when i have the compressor out & remember to do it-i always purge before filling-maybe the key is not to pay list $ for them?

I had a Colibri that I Paid $25 for when the local shop had them on sale I carried that thing around in my pocket till all the paint was warn off of it and never had a problem.

Back