1001 posts contest.

SUOrangeGuy

Alpha Silverback
In honor of this being my 1001st post I am going to have a little contest. It was supposed to be on the 1000th but I didn't pay close enough attention. :)

Here's the game. Based on my avatar and user name I bet you can all guess what college I went to. What else about my current post profile has so much to do with that school and its history. Hints will follow as time goes on.

Here is the profile in case it changes:

SUOrangeGuy's Profile

Ring Gauge: 260
Trader Feedback: 44

Winner to receive a fun little sampler of cigars that I'll put together once there's a winner.

Syracuse University, your name is SU- syracuse uni, and you're from NY?Orange is also their color.

Edit- I know the number 44 has to do with teams

Edit2- tidefan beat me to the 44 :c

In honor of this being my 1001st post I am going to have a little contest. It was supposed to be on the 1000th but I didn't pay close enough attention. :)

Here's the game. Based on my avatar and user name I bet you can all guess what college I went to. What else about my current post profile has so much to do with that school and its history. Hints will follow as time goes on.

SUOrangeGuy's Profile

Winner to receive a fun little sampler of cigars that I'll put together once there's a winner.

I think that my team Georgia Tech beat your team in a bowl game a few years back by the same margin as your Ring Guage?:r

I will keep researching.

SUOrangeGuy's Profile

44 percent of the fulltime undergradutes are men, same as your trader feedback. :ss

Number 44 at Syracuse University is one of the most fabled numbers ever associated with a college football program.
Since 1954, nine players have worn the number and three earned All-American honors. Those three--Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little--rank among the finest running backs ever to play the college game.
From the Syracuse University 1966-67 Student Athlete Handbook, p. 33.

The Suzie Van Arsdale letters consist of over 260 pages of correspondence, primarily letters from Syracuse University student Suzie Van Arsdale, Syracuse, New York to her cousin Clemma Van Arsdale of Owasco, Cayuga County, New York.

And of course your hometown [SIZE=-1]Montour Falls, New York, in Schuyler county, is 60 miles SW of Syracuse, New York.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Thanks for the contest!
[/SIZE]

I am wrong but I am going to make up my own deal with your SU and 44 trader feed back.

I think it has to do with SU having the best line up of Lacrosse players to ever play the game. These players usually wear number 22 which started with the great Gary Gait this continued with the Powell Brothers each inheriting the right to were the honored 22 "when there time came".

As such I think your 44 represents the number 22 times 2 for each of the great lacrosse families to come out of SU (Gaits and Powells)

I know its wrong but the more you know.

Back