1st CI purchase....not pleased

bvilchez

Young Ape
So I had ordered the First Class Sampler w/ Humidor. Finally after storing some cigars over at my buddies coolerador I get a package and think I can store some of my personal good ones in the humi after I smoke something from the sampler.

Well to my surprise there were no cigars in the humi. I was a little upset but I called CI and they were going to send out the cigars. Anyhting like this ever happened to anyone before with CI? I thought they would be pretty reputable.

So I had ordered the First Class Sampler w/ Humidor. Finally after storing some cigars over at my buddies coolerador I get a package and think I can store some of my personal good ones in the humi after I smoke something from the sampler.

Well to my surprise there were no cigars in the humi. I was a little upset but I called CI and they were going to send out the cigars. Anyhting like this ever happened to anyone before with CI? I thought they would be pretty reputable.

I had a package once not show up, when I called they immediately sent a second package and then 3 days later the original and the new package showed. When I called them to return the extra smokes they said to just keep them. In my opinion Customer Service is not about always doing right the firs time but also about how you recover from your mistakes. If they make good then I would use them again.

I have purchased from them several times and never had a problem. Their customer service staff is very good. give em a shot to correct things.

They are reputable, and will fix the problem, all large companies miss something from time to time, nature of the beast IMO. I've had them credit my card back when I called and whined about cracked wrappers on the foot of some sticks that were shipped as a 5 pack. They will take care of you, give them a chance.

The measure of the vendor isn't that they never make a mistake, but how well and how quickly they make you whole.

I've only had one order error with CI and had a corrected order within 3 days.

When I called the lady at custormer service was very quick on sending me the cigars. I guess I'm not judging them really but just trying to get a feel. I would try them again just because of how fast the issue was rectified.

I have never had a problem with them. I think every company will make a mistake from time to time no matter how good they are. Give them a second chance and I am sure you will be happy with their service. :tu

CI/CBID is great. I had an issue once where ~$100 of smokes was misplaced from a ~$200 order (I think they send it in two small boxes instead of one big one and one small box never showed up). I called and no questions were asked, new package was overnighted and arrived next day. Then, in the new package there was one mistake (probably due to the rush getting it out to me). I was offered a another resend or a credit. I actually took the credit as I did not see the value in having them eat the cost of shipping on one 5-pack when I order from them regularly. Bottom line, the make mistakes but they do fix them and I use them all the time (more so after the took care of me so well).

We all have made mistakes especially when tons of shipments are going out. If they send your cigars quickly, I would give them a second chance.:tu

Why would there be cigars already in the humi? That is not exactly a safe way to ship them. It could very well be that there was a second box that was lost by the carrier and it wasn't CI's fault at all.

Why would there be cigars already in the humi? That is not exactly a safe way to ship them. It could very well be that there was a second box that was lost by the carrier and it wasn't CI's fault at all.

I bought the same cigars/humi from CI and the cigars were shipped inside the humidor along with some bubble packaging.

I have only had one issue with CI and that was while I was deployed. I had to use a phone card to call them and I explained this to the rep on the phone when I called and she asked if I could hold. 4 days later I get not only the corrected order in the mail but another phone card with a hand written note apologizing for the mistake. For what its worth if you are patient with them they will fix any mistakes promptly.

Last edited:
Your cigars accidently came to me!!!
backwoodszk2.jpg

Just kidding!!!

CI makes mistakes! They accidently sent me twenty boxes of Backwoods!!! I happily sent them back!!!

Human error!!! We are all guilty

Back