1st humidor purchase???

cherrybomb

Young Ape
I want to purchase my first desktop humidor and do not have a clue who makes decent humidors. Here is my criteria:
1. must hold 100 cigars
2. must not exceed 200.00

I don;t know if this is impossible but any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Chris:D

I want to purchase my first desktop humidor and do not have a clue who makes decent humidors. Here is my criteria:
1. must hold 100 cigars
2. must not exceed 200.00

I don;t know if this is impossible but any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Chris:D

One piece of advice: Get a bigger humidor than you think you'll need (or else you'll wind up with several little ones like me).

My advice would be to get a smallish humidor for your desk and then a cooler to actually store your cigars. That way you can have a pretty desktop piece to hold the cigars you plan on smoking soon and then the cooler to hold the rest of your stock. Even if you dont have that many now it will not take very long before you are outgrowing a 100 ct humidor, no matter what you think. Especially if you hang out here for any length of time. Bombing runs can get contagious and once you start bombing people you will be surprised at how fellow gorillas here retaliate.

One piece of advice: Get a bigger humidor than you think you'll need (or else you'll wind up with several little ones like me).

I have to agree with CigarDood. I currently have 2 humidors about the size that you are talking about, and they fill up quickly....

That being said, I picked up a CAO humidor this past summer and it holds roughly 100 cigars (robusto size) and it cost me less than $200.

Cheaphumidors.com, cigarmony.com, bargainhumidors.com, cubancrafters.com are a few that come to mind. A decent 100ct should run you under $100, but be sure and get a digital hygrometer and some beads. I would recommend 65%rh beads from Heartfeltindustries.com, the small round one is good for a 100ct box. Mark at cigarmony also sells the "Puck". Stay away from foam and PG solution and gel, although some here use these without problems the vast majority use beads for trouble free humification. :2

Get the Treasure Dome from the Devil for around $100 if you are lucky you might be able to score both for less than $200. The Treasure Dome has plenty of space and lots of trays and dividers to seperate singles too. :tu

Check out C-bids humis. They have some that are not bad and you can get a great deal on them.

Back