#20 Car Just Sold for Charity $300,000.00

sailchaser

International SOB
Just watching Barrett Jackson Car Acutions.They were selling a 07 Monte Carlo Race car Driven by Tony Stewart .It was an actual race car that won 2 races .The neat thing is all the money is going to the Darrel Gwyn Foundation who provides wheel chairs for young kids.To get the biddding up Tony Stewart threw in a a uniform and a chapionship ring. All the profits go to the charity it sold for $300,000 plus a few extra add ons.
Gosh I Love America:tu
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=1012

Chit, I already have one or I would've went for it.

:D
Yeah, that is a sweet setup. I'd want to drive it, but I doubt it's road ready. Probably have to wear your iPod, too (if you could even hear it!).

Yah, I was watching it as it happened. They kept add stuff to the deal to get the amount up. First the racing uniform, then Tonys ring. You know a bulk of that amount was because of the charity and second because it was on TV. In the next few months a lot of those cars are going to be sold. And a lot are going to be crushed. This year their only going to race COT's if i'm correct.

Yah, I was watching it as it happened. They kept add stuff to the deal to get the amount up. First the racing uniform, then Tonys ring. You know a bulk of that amount was because of the charity and second because it was on TV. In the next few months a lot of those cars are going to be sold. And a lot are going to be crushed. This year their only going to race COT's if i'm correct.

The majority are being sold to ARCA teams. They wont be crushed.

They arent getting much for them, only about $15-35k, but they are being siphoned down to the ARCA series and to independent teams around the country

It was neat to see Darrell Gwynn get so much for the raised for the car and the kids wheel chairs.I was lucky enough to meet himbefore his acident years ago though my neighbor "Mad Dog" Manard Rupp a Top Fuel Dragster Driver of that era :tu

Elton John once sold a house in London for more than a million pounds sterling and donated this to charity.

America isn't the only country where such auctions take place. I've seen many that have been televised from the various auction houses in London (great for vintage cigars I'm told) in aid of various charities. I even bid at one for a signed picture of Jimmy Page, but was outbid.

Elton John once sold a house in London for more than a million pounds sterling and donated this to charity.

America isn't the only country where such auctions take place. I've seen many that have been televised from the various auction houses in London (great for vintage cigars I'm told) in aid of various charities. I even bid at one for a signed picture of Jimmy Page, but was outbid.
:r I think you're reading too much into his comment

Ron Pratte, the guy who bought the #20 Tony Stewart NASCAR car, just dropped $550,000 on a one-off 08 Mustang.

Ron has been dropping some serious coin this years. He must have spent at least 10-15 million at B-J auctions in the past couple years

Back