5 Vegas 'A' Anomaly

bbaug14

Evolving Lead Gorilla
5 Vegas ‘A’
Size: 4.5” X 44, Anomaly
Construction: Great! Tight and springy; consistent from foot to cap; smooth; slightly oily, cap is perfectly applied

WHERE: Smoked on my deck with a good friend (BOTL) after having a nice dinner of porkchops and mashed potatoes.

DRINK: Grolsch

Pre-Light Aroma: Smells pretty good. Not much spice at all.

Pre-Light Draw/Taste: Very firm. No pepper taste at all. Smooth draw. Not much in discernable flavors being offered.

LIGHT: Triple distilled butane from Z-plus Zippo insert

First impressions: Woa! This thing has a lot of chocolate taste to it. There are slight undertones of mocha/coffee and a slight woody undertone, but the chocolate over powers this.

First 1/3: Extremely consistent with the chocolate taste. The coffee/mocha taste is still there, but minor. This smoke is very medium/light in body. The draw is a perfect, and you can get as much or as little pull as you’d like. The burn is very even.

Second 1/3: Flavor is very consistent but a little bit fuller. The coffee/mocha taste is much more apparent, but the chocolate taste is still the bread winner here. The woody undertones are much more apparent as well and compliment the chocolate taste nicely. This is a great after dinner smoke! Some earthy tones make a slight entrance as well! Have only ashed once. Almost no buzz.

Final 1/3: Remaining very constant in strength, and taste is a nice balance of coffee and chocolate with a woody undertone and a slight appearance of nutty flavors. Draw is still pretty good and there isn’t any harshness in the smoke. Burn is perfect throughout. No problems at all.

Final Comments: This cigar was a great smoke. Taste overall was different from your normal maduro and would be great with your morning coffee or a tall stout after dinner. Probably the best 5 Vegas I’ve smoked so far. Also, if you don’t have a lot of time, this is definitely a go-to cigar.

Burn Time: 45 Minutes

Thanks for the review... I have yet to try the 'A', but thanks to a few generous brothers around the jungle I have a few waiting in line! It sounds like I'm not going to be disappointed when there time's up.

I liked the A's a lot a while ago. I don't know if it is just me or if the blend has changed a bit, but the older ones seemed a bit better.

I brought an Anomaly into work this morning for a small afternoon herf with a coworker.

Thanks for the review!

Spot on with the review. I get the same flavors out of this beautiful PC. The thing just delivers on rich, smooth flavor. It has to be the costa rican maduro wrapper if I had to guess. I smoked a churchill that I got from the 5 Vegas mega sampler and it was AWESOME with all of the flavors listed above. My opinion on these has totally changed from when I first smoked them.

Now if they only came in a corona size.......... the Padron Londres would have some competition...........

I had one yesterday morning with my am coffee when my wife and I hauled a generator to Sheridan, 37 miles away. I drove nice and slow and cracked the window so the smoke wouldn't bother her. She said, "Don't worry about it, I love the smell of those". Sigh. Life just gets better and better:) I have several boxes of the "Anomilies" on hand and always will. I think I found a way to take looong trips with my wife and still smoke cigars!!!

WyoBob

Great Review!!!

The "A" series is what restored my faith in 5-Vegas. Regardless of size, they seem to deliver that nice, rich, mellow flavor that you expect from a good maduro!

And they're great for giving out to Trick-or-Treaters too! :D
Don't give me any ideas! I got two boxes here and I gotta hand out candy tomorrow while my wife takes the daughter out. I don't think that would make me too many friends in the new neighborhood. :r

Oh yeah... the Anomaly is STILL one of my favs. Nice review :tu

The Anomaly is my favorite Vegas. I try to keep some of these around for that time when I cannot enjoy a longer smoke..:2

Back