5 Vegas 'A' cedar wrap

burninator

two hour break
I was wondering if any of my fellow Gorillas have any opinions on whether to leave on or remove the cedar wrap that comes on 5 Vegas 'A' sticks. I picked up a 5-pack of Artisans on Cbid, and they came in today. What are your experiences with how the flavor changes over time with the cedar either on or off of the cigars? I'm planning on letting these rest at least for a little while, and I'm wondering if they prefer to sleep naked.

I say leave them on, I have a box of Series A Torps chillin in the bottom of one of my humidors all with the cedar on.

Shawn

i tend to leave every cigar as it is when i buy it.
if cedar wrapped, leave on.
if cellophane wrapped, leave on
if tubed, leave on.
if glass tubed, leave on (though I broke this rule with one forbidden X because it didn't fit in my only humidor at the time with the tube on)

I took one of them off of a Gurkha Double Maduro to help my divider fit in my humi better. Other than that I leave them on as well.

The general conensus seems to be that I should leave the wraps on. I don't know how long that's going to last, though. As I was taking the sticks out of the cello, I couldn't help but stop to smell each one. I want one now, not in a few weeks.

Leave the wraps on. They will only make em taste good. And besides, it smells good while they are at rest in your humi.

I also leave the wraps on with the exception of the Hoya Dark Sumtra's that I am going to smoke anytime soon. On everyone that I tried that had the cedar left on - I had burn problems, to wet I guess under the wrap. But taking them off and letting them sit without - they smoke a lot better for me.

Ron

My order of Vegas 'A' s just came in today. A mazo of 10. I will keep the wraps on and try one tonight and one again in a month or so with the cedar on and another one with cedar off. Interested to see what if anything will be difft... Man, they smell goooood though!:dr

My order of Vegas 'A' s just came in today. A mazo of 10. I will keep the wraps on and try one tonight and one again in a month or so with the cedar on and another one with cedar off. Interested to see what if anything will be difft... Man, they smell goooood though!:dr

How did they turn out? I just received mine yesterday (Box of Alpha's) and am just PATIENTLY waiting to try them!

Back