6 1/2X44 Vega Telaga Blanco Belicoso

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
This is the 4th "blend" in the Vega Talanga Tercio Corojo series I've tried, and for a manufacturer who normally specializes in large ring size sticks, I found the dimension of the Belicoso to be a bit unusual, but I try never to let size get in the way.

Although, like the other 3 varieties, I found the construction and burn to be excellent, but the Blanco seemed to lack the "punch" of the Rojo or Oscuro which I preferred over this cigar. I'm not going to say the cigar doesn't have it's merits, and some who prefer a mild economical all day smoke may find the Blanco will fit the bill, although I definetly would not pay full retail price when they can be had for a buck or so on some auction sites. Recommended, sort of. Smoking time - 30 to 45 min.:2:ss

F. Prefect

Almost the exact same experience that I had with the VT Blanco. They just weren't "there".

Are the Rojos that you have rolled really loosely? A loose draw and quick burn keeps them from being one of my favorite smokes.

Almost the exact same experience that I had with the VT Blanco. They just weren't "there".

Are the Rojos that you have rolled really loosely? A loose draw and quick burn keeps them from being one of my favorite smokes.

Interesting. I have tried 2 shapes in the Rojo, the 6X52 Toro and the 48X7 Churchill and both are VERY firm to the touch and I was surprised to find the draw was not too tight. The smoking times on both were about an hour.

I would say from what you describe, these sticks are on the inconsistent side, to say the least. Probably why they are selling them at closeout prices.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen any Rojos on the auction site for a couple of weeks, but if I do I'll consider myself lucky and stay away from them in the future.

F. Prefect

I've been smoking the En Tercio lonsdales and like them quite a bit. I got 15 Oscuros sitting at the moment. I have a few more on the way. I've been quite pleased with these smokes, especially for the price.

I've been smoking the En Tercio lonsdales and like them quite a bit. I got 15 Oscuros sitting at the moment. I have a few more on the way. I've been quite pleased with these smokes, especially for the price.

I've been smoking the 6 1/2X42 Oscuro Corona for about 3 months and if your fond of Maduro wrappers, I suspect you'll like them.

I don't know what the deal is with the price. Looking at the reviews in
top25cigar.com, the price actually PAID by the reviewers was between 2.00 and 4.00/stick depending upon the shape.

I've heard they're being discontinued and closed out by CI. I've also heard the Corojo blends (that cigarbid is selling now) are new blends and will be available in the future. I think it would be a stretch if 1% of what is heard, written, spoken or otherwise communicated dealing with cigars is actually true. The other 99% is pure marketing BS.:2

F. Prefect

Back