60-63 RH

I'm a fan of the 60-65% range. It's tough to keep the RH down in the Summer in SC, though! :ss

Ideal is in the mind of the smoker.

My ideal is 63 % thats were my smokes sit and thats where I think they smoke best your ideal is where you think your cigars smoke best. Its as they say subjective.

IYO, what is ideal?

I think it's mainly personal preference - that being said, I prefer around 65%.

And yes, digitals can be way off. In my desktop, I know my humi's at 65% when my digital hygrometer reads 54%. No way to calibrate it or change it, I just know I'm right on when it's at 54 :tu My other hygro is only off by 1%, and the other coolerdor doesn't have a hygro since I trust Shilala's beads.

Personal preference. But take into consideration how dry or humid it is where you live. I think if you live in a humid climate you could keep it a bit dryer, if you live in a dry climate you may need to keep it more humid.

I live in Arizona and it is dry as a bone here most of the year. When I kept mine at 60 they just didnt tast good, too dried out. I bumped it up to 66-67 and they are great! I did try them around 70 to 73 and they always had burn problems.

Now I could probably keep them at 70 to 73 and then drybox them and they would be fine...but I have no idea of when I will get to smoke so I just keep them in the vinotemp at 67 and smoke when I can!

It's humid here.
If I keep my cigars at 60%, as soon as I light them they start swelling and the wrappers explode. Granted, that only happens with thin wrappers, but it's still a pain in the ass.
I try to stay as close to 65% as possible.

Back