601 Cigar Event - meeting Eddie Ortega

DennisP

Lowland Gorilla
My local B&M had a 601 event and Eddie Ortega from EO/United Tobacco/601 was there. I had been planning on buying a box at this event since it was announced, but the $1300 surprise work on my car today cut into that idea.

They had buy 3 get 1 free and I was excited at the new corona they have for the 601 oscuro. I picked up 6 cigars and got the 2 freebies. I chatted with Eddie and mentioned Club Stogie. He said he checks in here and I encouraged him to join the Meet the Manufacturer forum.

Earlier in the evening I had told him I enjoy 601 as well as many of Pepin's blends and later he gave me a nice 4 cigar sampler that was reserved for those who purchase boxes for my support of their product. He also gave me his card and said to contact him next time I'm in Miami and we can try to go to lunch.

He mentioned a few new introductions for RTDA this year and told me they should have some smaller RGs, which really excite me from Pepin blends. We talked about how the market really dictates what they make and a 58 RG cigar is the #1 seller for them. We also talked about the cigars now coming in cello and the primary reason being vendors wanting it to protect the product when being handled by customers. He suggested to those buyign boxes to take them all out of the cello and store them naked.

I think I got everything I remember in this post and hope I didn't misrepresent anything. Overall it was a great time from a great company. :ss

Eddie is a great guy. He hung out with us at our 601 event for a WHILE. Very easy going and stand up guy. Ex Marine to boot. :tu

Back