601 kicked my butt

kgraybill

ChestBeater
I remember reading somewhere that real men dont smoke small cigars. I have to say that they dont have a clue about cigars.
I have been a fan of the robusto, toro and the occational presidente, and I just had my butt kicked by a 601 reserva limitada (green) maduro 5 x 42 corona. Took me about an hour and a half to finish it. What a powerhouse for a little cigar. I'm glad that I had already eaten efore taking on a 601.Full of leather, wood and a very slight touch of spice. I was not ready for this one and can't wait for the next. Kinda reminded me of a Padron 64 principe but not as smooth.
For all those that say real men don't smoke small cigars, I challenge you to try this one.

Have one of these in the humi. Bought it 2 months ago with the intention of smoking it that night, and a friend surprised me with some ISOM action. Gotta remember to eat first.

It's funny. I love Pepins (Blue, Black, JJ, CI Legends) and 601's (green, red, black) but I have been underwhelmed by all 3 Tatujes I've had. I am holding out hope that I will like the Tat Black that I have...

Flame away. :gn

I remember reading somewhere that real men dont smoke small cigars. I have to say that they dont have a clue about cigars.
I have been a fan of the robusto, toro and the occational presidente, and I just had my butt kicked by a 601 reserva limitada (green) maduro 5 x 42 corona. Took me about an hour and a half to finish it. What a powerhouse for a little cigar. I'm glad that I had already eaten efore taking on a 601.Full of leather, wood and a very slight touch of spice. I was not ready for this one and can't wait for the next. Kinda reminded me of a Padron 64 principe but not as smooth.
For all those that say real men don't smoke small cigars, I challenge you to try this one.

What the Hell??!?!?!? I'm glad I didn't read that on this forum....I woulda stopped being a member!:r I love the small cigars..30-45min is about all the time I have to enjoy one!

yeah man, when the wife agreed to pull the trigger on a box of smokes for my birthday, I went with the 601 green and WAS going to go corona. However, after smoking the robusto size, I knew I could not take a 42 rg. in the blend. I love them, but I have heard them called a Nicaruaguan Skull Crusher....... and that is accurate, but the flavor does not suffer. 601's do rock.

What the Hell??!?!?!? I'm glad I didn't read that on this forum....I woulda stopped being a member!:r I love the small cigars..30-45min is about all the time I have to enjoy one!

I think he read that in a thread that linked a Maxim magazine article about smoking cigars for beginners. The Maxim article kind of sucked for the most part :)

Get thee some Tats - yummy.

P's - nice and mild

VI's - a little spicy, nice smoke,

Requizea - nice and hard to describe for me

Haven't tried a 601 yet, but it's at the top of my "Must Try" list along with Nub, Tats, and Illusione.

I think he read that in a thread that linked a Maxim magazine article about smoking cigars for beginners. The Maxim article kind of sucked for the most part :)

:tpd: :tpd: :tpd: :tpd:

At the chance I might offend someone, I hope that article was in humor that I did not get. He came across as an a$$ and very full of himself.

I love all the 601's, but the Blue Label Maduro hits me harder than the 601 Green Label Oscuro. I think I just get into the Blue and start smoking it too fast.

I've tried the Cubao and it is another one that will sneak up on you.

Back