65 or 70%?

MyMonkey

Young Ape
I just ordered the Heartfelt Industries humidification beads in a 65% format. Then I got to thinking which is best 65 or 70%? My humidor generally runs around 70% with the cigar savor I had in there. I looked around the forum a bit and found no clear preference. Is it worth it to return the 65% and bump it up to 70%? Just looking for opinions here. I assume this is a subjective question.

The debate continues....

There have been several polls about this...but my opinion is 65%

Definalty a subjective question. It's all about personal preference. I am on the 65 and under side. I find the cigars produce more flavor and I don't have any burn problems I had when closer to 70. I say experiment and see what you like. Try keeping them at 65, if you don't like them I am sure there are other gorillas that will happily take the 65 beads off your hands. :)

:2

When I ordered my beads, I ordered the 65%. A few hours later I decided to change that, sent them an email and had them change my order to 70% and I couldn't be happier with the beads and my cigars.

I think you answered your own question: "I looked around the forum a bit and found no clear preference."

It is really a matter of personal preference. I find that at 65%, I have less burn problems and better taste.
I would stay with the 65%, IMO

Fair enough. I will use the 65% I ordered. In the event I dislike them, I will pass them on to another. :tu

Thanks everyone.

I used floral foam and 50/50 pg & distilled water for years and I thought it did a pretty good job keeping my cigars at 70%. After reading comments on this group and another cigar group, I ordered the 65% beads from Heartfelt. I like the way my cigars smoke better when kept at 65%. I think the beads are more consistant and more trouble free. I'll never go back to foam and 70%.

WyoBob

Thanks:ss Looks like I will be housing my stash at 65%. I sealed up my humidor as well. I think I had leaks around the hydro in the front panel. Thanks again. :tu Really dig this forum.

I started out with 70% and quickly switched to the 65% and am happy with it being a bit lower than 65%. Mine generally stay in the neighborhood of 63 to 65 % and atleast to me smoke much better both taste wise and burn. The beads from heartfelt are exceptional. David is a quality vendor and has excellent customer service.

A matter of personal preference. I wish they'd make 68%. But, I generally stick with the 65% in my aristocrat and use it as a "buffer" (e.g., set my active humidity to 67%, and use 65% beads to moderate any humidity swings. If I had to choose, It would depend on the ambient humidity where I lived. If I were in Arizona, I'd go for the 70%. In Chicago in the summer, it is usually >70% humidity, and I often am concerned with taking humidity OUT OF the air. So, I generally stick with 65%. Also, most "die-hard" / serious cigar smokers / collectors I know would go for the 65%. But again, just a matter of preference. Unless you're ageing your cigars for years and years, or unless you prefer to smoke your cigars a bit wetter or a bit dryer, it probably doesn't matter.

A matter of personal preference. I wish they'd make 68%. But, I generally stick with the 65% in my aristocrat and use it as a "buffer" (e.g., set my active humidity to 67%, and use 65% beads to moderate any humidity swings. If I had to choose, It would depend on the ambient humidity where I lived. If I were in Arizona, I'd go for the 70%. In Chicago in the summer, it is usually >70% humidity, and I often am concerned with taking humidity OUT OF the air. So, I generally stick with 65%. Also, most "die-hard" / serious cigar smokers / collectors I know would go for the 65%. But again, just a matter of preference. Unless you're ageing your cigars for years and years, or unless you prefer to smoke your cigars a bit wetter or a bit dryer, it probably doesn't matter.

8 post and 163 RG :confused: Is that a CS Record????

Good info though....:tu :D

Welcome to CS!!!!!

Good point considering the relative humidity in the area. Oklahoma has extremely high humidity. Generally over 70% in the summer. In fact, my garage is at 82% right now. :alSticking with the 65% is what I will do. Yet again, thanks everyone.

I've always run @ 65%, never had a problem. In fact, any smoke I put down at 65% for a nap comes out with an excellent draw and burn. I've no reason to ever switch IMO....... color me 65 for life.

I used to think 70/70 was great but I find 65% to be better nowadays. Don't forget there are also variations and you don't need to be at 65%. You can be at 63%, 67% also if you manage humidifier properly.

Back