Añejo #49

Nice I love the anejo line well that is really the only cigars that i like from fuente

Nicer ash there.

Heavy smoke for a hot summer day.

Good choice. Anejos are one of my favorite Maduros.

When they aren't moldy.

:dr :dr

A friend of mine found a little shop while he was camping that has a load of Opus and Anejo - needless to say I have some on the way... :ss

Joe, I know what cigars you enjoy and I am impressed you gave the anejo a chance. I am glad you enjoyed it:tu

Joe, I know what cigars you enjoy and I am impressed you gave the anejo a chance. I am glad you enjoyed it:tu

Watchu talkin bout Brent? :D

I have 4+ boxes of añejos; sharks, 46's, 49's, and 55's. Plus that 1/2 box of old ones I scored last year.

How's Texas?

Watchu talkin bout Brent? :D

I have 4+ boxes of añejos; sharks, 46's, 49's, and 55's. Plus that 1/2 box of old ones I scored last year.

How's Texas?

:sl

Joe, I stand corrected. You gave me a Shark and some other delights when I visited you in Seattle. You are right:r

San Antonio is actually pretty nice. A lot of cigar lovers down here. I do however, miss living up there in Seattle :)

Good, succinct review! Reminds me that I have a steak in the fridge, and an Anejo that needs a good drubbing...

Picked up my first Anejo on Friday, #49. I'll give it a while until I light it up though.
They are aged upon delivery. No aging needed, unless you perfer it.:tu I really enjoy th #49 and I recommend you take your time when you smoke it. Savor it and make sure it is your first smoke of the day maybe after dinner.

They are aged upon delivery. No aging needed, unless you perfer it.:tu I really enjoy th #49 and I recommend you take your time when you smoke it. Savor it and make sure it is your first smoke of the day maybe after dinner.

I agree, go ahead and light that baby up. I have never had a bad Anejo. Those are one of the best NC cigars out there.

Damn, I didn't know that. I may have to light that baby up soon.

I've heard the Opus' need age, so assumed the same was true with the Anejo. Am I correct to give the Opus' a little time?

Damn, I didn't know that. I may have to light that baby up soon.

I've heard the Opus' need age, so assumed the same was true with the Anejo. Am I correct to give the Opus' a little time?

Oh yes, atleast a year, maybe longer. Anejos come out once or twice a year, with aged tobacco so there good right away.

Oh yes, atleast a year, maybe longer. Anejos come out once or twice a year, with aged tobacco so there good right away.

I spoke to an AF rep who has been with the family for over 30 years. He relayed the whole Anejo line was a mistake when they suffered some plantation fires and placed a bunch of tobacco in a curing barn for a couple years... They then decided to produce some cigars that were supposed to be a loss that turned into the most highly sought after line. IMHO, better then the OPUS X anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

I spoke to an AF rep who has been with the family for over 30 years. He relayed the whole Anejo line was a mistake when they suffered some plantation fires and placed a bunch of tobacco in a curing barn for a couple years... They then decided to produce some cigars that were supposed to be a loss that turned into the most highly sought after line. IMHO, better then the OPUS X anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

That's true. That's why I go after the Anejo's way more than the Opus X. (but don't tell anyone)

Back