A cigar and wine business for you Georgia Boys.

That looks like one immaculate store with some nice Inventory. I didn't know this about Lawrenceville.

Located in Georgia's most affluent zip code

I'm with Jason on this one.. If only it were closer to town.

so....if we get 125 gorillas to cough up $1k each....or maybe 250 to do $500, we could own this thing outright?

We have til July 1st to get the list filled! Alright who's in?? Not really a pass....but heh

PM me for my address to send checks. I will take Paypal *wink*

1. tchariya

Someone would need to be the primary stakeholder. I would go maybe 2% on this, under the right circumstances.

The S&H on that would b unbelievable :D

That is a nice area for sure. I wonder what the averag profit margin is for vino and gars.

I didn't realize you could sell businesses on e-bay! I should put my soul on e-bay and see if it sells. :ss

I see it now Jereme.. Thanks for pointing it out. Looks like a 3 box display case. what a bummer. almost a shame to advertise as a cigar merchant.. DOH. I did send a note to the seller asking for the location in case i get a bug to go take a look.

but what do I know about wine... isn't it bottled in France?

Ji, I've been to that shop. It's a nice shop but I think there are some issues other than the owners health. There's a wall cabinet humi that is not pictured for some reason as it is actually pretty nice. It will hold about 300 boxes. Just my guess. He didn't have it anywhere near full when I looked at the shop a couple of months ago.
It is a nice area, I don't know about "most affluent" but it is nice.

Bob, thanks for the Info. The pictures of the interior are pretty durn nice. Nice to know about the cabinet humi. It's definately hard to take the word of anyone selling a business on Ebay at anything but 'cum grano salis' but I thought it might be worth checking out. Anything regarding the business should surface for anyone that does due diligence on the accounting.

Then again it is Lawrenceville. Not exactly where I'd want to be. Still it's nice to dream.

Oh I know there is something else going on that is forcing him to sell. It may just be financial or maybe not.

The only reason for buying an existing business like this one would be:

Existing Stock

If either are subpar then I would have to pass.

Ji, I've been to that shop. It's a nice shop but I think there are some issues other than the owners health. There's a wall cabinet humi that is not pictured for some reason as it is actually pretty nice. It will hold about 300 boxes. Just my guess. He didn't have it anywhere near full when I looked at the shop a couple of months ago.
It is a nice area, I don't know about "most affluent" but it is nice.

The one thing about the location I noticed. There is a lot of drive by traffic. The shop is located on one of the busiest intersections in the area. The problem is access. There is only on main entrance to the property which is located very close to the intersection, most people would find it difficult to navigate. Hell, I was interested in the shop and didn't want to three lanes of oncoming traffic!

As far as inventory goes, he seems to be open with about everyone, although his stock does not reflect it. Although, that could mean he's using a wholesaler instead of going direct.

There was enough of a feeling there for me to walk away without a second thought.

Back