A Cigar fit for a Wedding

JE3146

Jordan #2
Some of you know me. Others don't. I hope for that to change as I love meeting people on here.

So for those that don't know me. My name is Jordan, I'm 22 and I'm engaged. I'll be getting married in the summer of 09 to a very wonderful woman. One who also enjoys cigars.

So we're in the planning stage now, and we've started to dabble in the area of the toast and celebratory additions of the reception.

One of which will be some cigars dedicated to the Bridal party and immediate family.

So I would like as many suggestions as possible that fit the following criteria. If you could list the price per box on average as well, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
  • Very presentable box
  • Very presentable wrappers and/or bands
  • At Least 20 in a box
  • Medium Body or lower ( I don't want anyone puking over this :D )
  • A cigar just plain worthy of the occasion
Basically I want something that'll show some class. This really isn't about trying to impress anyone by flaunting money, but more for just showing people how much I appreciate them being in my life and celebrating the happiest day of my life with me and my future wife.

So any info is appreciated. I have all the time in the world to get my hand on whatever I decide once I run it by the head of the Wedding Planning Committee (my fiance :D). Thanks!

If your giving these away to those who are not cigar afficianodo's I suggest the Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee. It is a beauty of a smoke, mild to medium bodied. I just bought a box for a friend's wedding.

I think the finest presentation box I've seen is the San Cristobal De La Habana Oficios.

Last edited:
AF 858 Nat's. Nice mild stick, good box presentation. How about a Burlwood Palio for you Best Man. :tu

Montecristo White or classic in my opinion would be perfect!

Cigar lovers would appreciate the quality / taste and newbs would not be scared away. If you are a BOTL you know and probably respect the name and if you are a newb you probably have heard the name before and associated it with a very fine cigar!!

:tu CONGRATS :bl

AVO has some excellent milder smokes that don't skimp on elegant FLAVOR that I would think worthy of such an occassion, and suit all tastes

edit: ^that is a great choice! white and gold bands if I recall? I've only ever had one but I recall it being mildish and flavorful

AVO has some excellent milder smokes that don't skimp on elegant FLAVOR that I would think worthy of such an occassion, and suit all tastes

I actually haven't dabbled in AVO yet.

Any of them in particular you'd recommend?

Thank you everyone so far. Excellent suggestions.

Congrats on the impeding nuptials. Just got married myself, but my wife is not a fan of the leaf, at all so I'm a bit jealous.

Anyway, I'm not that experienced, but how about RyJ 1875 Bullies? Sort of a standard mild stick that won't overpower those who normally don't smoke cigars.

I actually haven't dabbled in AVO yet.

Any of them in particular you'd recommend?

dabbling, so far, is exactly what I'm doing, I'm by no means well versed in the line. OF what I've had so far I think the 787 perfecto would be my choice but I haven't had a chance at some of the other limited editions yet. They may be getting a bit pricey anyhoo according to your stated range, the 787 is 22 per box at around 300

d'oh! CONGRATULATIONS :D :bl

Rocky Patel Vintage 99s are not that expensive, they are mild, smooth, tasty, gorgeous, and come in a very nice looking vintage "Aged 7 years" box.

I recommend Gurkha Gold Collector Ed. Robusto #4. Great band, mild cigar even non cigar smokers should not have trouble smoking this cigar.
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, may you live your dreams and happiness reside with you both. :bl

If I was in your shoes, I think I'd go with a box of Montecristo No. 2's, or maybe some Siglo II tubos. The tubos provide a nice presentation factor, while providing a 'souvenir' for the guests. The petit corona size also won't take nearly as long to smoke.

Last edited:
I'll say less than 12$ a cigar in box quantity to give the max.

300$ for ~25 cigars
240$ for ~20 cigars

EDIT:: 200th post.... time flies :D

The AVO 787 Perfecto would be an excellent choice if you can find a box for a good price (it's normally just a little more than you want to spend).

The Davidoff Thousand series cigars should all fit your price range and other requirements. The only thing that you or your guests might not like about Davidoff is that most of them are smaller RG cigars. I think that's a great thing but not everyone agrees with me.

Gurkha Estate Select Vintage Shaggy Toro

Supposedly, a fuller bodied cigar, but I didn't find the one I smoked to be so. They have a shaggy foot (something unusual). They look like something unique and exquisite in the box.

3691.jpg
And of course, there is the Gurkha label - that alone is stellar. You should be able to get the Toro for about $120 a box and the Torpedo for about $140.

Been married for a couple years now :r and so a box of cigars for my nuptials is out. However, maybe I ought to consider that for my 25th Anniversary in a couple years. Hmmm, was born 08-08-19(a couple years before you), maybe for my birthday this year - 08/08/'08 - I should be a box to hand out to those who appreciate them. Would definitely be worth opening to hand out at a birth.

I loved the smoke. And the presentation is top notch.

The AVO 787 Perfecto would be an excellent choice if you can find a box for a good price (it's normally just a little more than you want to spend).

The Davidoff Thousand series cigars should all fit your price range and other requirements. The only thing that you or your guests might not like about Davidoff is that most of them are smaller RG cigars. I think that's a great thing but not everyone agrees with me.

I dont think RG will be an issue.

In fact I'd prefer a small vitola. Most cigars take an hour + to consume. The reception may not allow for that. :D

I actually tend to favor smaller cigars overall. So it would fit my liking. :D

The #2000 Tube looks like a promising candidate. What's the flavor profile like? I've never had a davidoff.

Montecristo White or classic in my opinion would be perfect!

Cigar lovers would appreciate the quality / taste and newbs would not be scared away. If you are a BOTL you know and probably respect the name and if you are a newb you probably have heard the name before and associated it with a very fine cigar!!

:tu CONGRATS :bl
:tpd:

Back