A dilemma

S

Snorkelrat

My friend’s wife is a very staunch anti-smoker. Their son (who just turned 19) has been asking me to introduce him to cigars. I have shared cigars with my buddy (the father) a few times and when the wife found out she went ape sh*ts. I cannot imagine how she would react if she found out I was “corrupting” her son. The son is attending college (so I am sure that he is experiencing a great deal of things that his mom would not necessarily approve of). I’d be more than happy to help him out, but am not sure if it is a wise thing to do. Any suggestions on how to handle the situation?

Just my .02 but I'd stay away from that as far as possible. No way I'd try to come between a mother and her child. It could get quite nasty for you AND your friend.

Here's what happened ot the last guy who did what you're thinking about.

Attachments:
3ce558f62f056a4f.jpg

lmffao!
good pic flip but i cant figure out why you didnt place my,matts,petes or some other poor umsuspecting bastids face on the cowardly lion!
lol
k

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-17-02 AT 07:19 PM (CDT)]I have no problem with helping the young man with a good stogie, but you'll probably miss the friendship worse than you'd miss having a smoke with the friends son if you decide to help him out.

what do you mean by introduce him to cigars? if he asks you a specific question (like the names of some cigars to try first) i see no harm in giving him a straight answer. but if he's mooching, tell him to buy his own. he needs to realize how much it costs to smoke cigars.

b]

My friend's wife always blamed me privately when we went golfing or drinking. I don't quite recall ever dragging him off.;-)

A good friends wife felt the same way after he was introduced to cigars. She made him choose the stogies or her. Sometimes he misses her.

Snorkelrat,

You are about to walk into a $hitstorm and no one on your team is going to have an umbrella. Leave that alone. Give him information, tidbits, tricks of the trade, ideas, recommendations, but DO NOT risk losing a friend and possibly enflaming a relationship over it. Its just not worth it.

-Justin

Thanks for all the advice... I was pretty much thinking along those lines. I gave the son the name of a good cigar shop and told him that if he was interested, he could go there for information.

Back