A five year old Davidoff No. 1

ScottishSmoker

A Cat eating Spaghetti...
Today, while at work, yes at work, I was doing a little cleaning in the walk-in humidor...amongst the 1,000s of cigars we have in stock, I found two beautifully aged Davidoff No. 1s amongst the rest. Back up, for those of you who do not know, I work at a very high volume cigar shop on the Las Vegas Strip...I work for Davidoff at the Venetian....anyhow, I nearly crapped myself when I found these. The reason I say they are five years old is based entirely on the label. Davidoff changed there labels about 4-5 years ago, they added the name of the line and size to the bands of all their sticks. Anyway, here is my review...I am including some pictures...

Starting off:

Cigar: Davidoff No. 1
Size : 7.5 x 38
Body: Mild, light and very clean...VERY
Wrapper: Connecticut Shade wrapper grown in Ecuador
Binder : Dominican Republic
Filler : Dominican Republic
Shape : Panatela

Pre-Cut: The wrapper leaf is flawless, absolutely flawless... The cap is single-seamed finished off with tightly wound pigtail to top it off. I knew just from the touch of of the stick it was going to be incredibly smooth and light.

Pre-light: For some reason, I do not how many others of you experience this with the Davidoff Classic line, but I always get confused on a pre-light draw with a really impressive but easy spice, a really dry and full spice... The draw through the stick was perfect, absolutely perfect...I can't wait to light this cigar

After lit: The Davidoff Classic line is a really incredibly easy and mild smoke...unlike the Macanudo or Flor Fina 858 Natural, this light cigar is not boring to smoke. I really enjoy the initial first puff off the cigar...it has a really smooth medium dense smoke that just lines the inside of your mouth that is full of real rich cedar and leather tastes...nothing too full or overly spicy...this is just about 1.5 inches in to the stick...

3 inches: I have now smoked three inches of this great cigar, I am still picking up a lot of cedar...A Lot...The ashes are hanging on to the end of the cigar like glue! I have yet to lose an ash outside of my tray...I am not going to be too happy once this cigar is gone...

Upon Finish: The flavors of leather, cedar, and just a hint of spice have stayed amazingly consistent throughout the entirety of the cigar...the sad thing is, I will have to tell you if it is any better than a newer No. 1 seeing as I have not smoked one in probably 3 years...will I smoke another...absolutely...conveniently I have another to smoke...

Overall: Anyone looking for a very clean easy smoke that will leave you wanting more, I would definitely smoke another...and if you are lucky enough to stumble upon one, I would pick it up regardless of the cost...HAPPY SMOKING TO EVERYONE....on a scale of one to ten...it qualifies rightfully so as a 9....

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky SOB, is the 1st thing that comes to mind!

And I'm not just talking about the cigar experience...working for Davidoff on the Vegas strip...NICE!!!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Back