A Fuente Fake

dunng

Elder Jungle Leader
I just had to share this...

I was over a friend's house sipping on some Triple Bock and I notice a cigar sitting on his coffee table... I look closer and it looks like a Fuente, but then I look even closer and start laughing! It seems that a guy he works with bought a box or two while he was on vacation in the DR...

This was a few weeks ago and I just got it today, it is pretty dried out but here are the pictures.

AFFake01.jpg

AFFake02.jpg

band.jpg

:ss

Crap, that could be the most poorly done fake I have seen yet. I could print a better label out on my desktop printer!

Wow.

That looks fake form the get go. You should email Moki. He may wanna put it on his site.

Do you have anymore of them that you can take a pic of, before total disection.

Man, that's a sad excuse for a fake. It would be nice if they were all this easy to spot in the world of fakes.

I'm not going to lie to you...that is the funniest thing I have heard all week :r
(it's been a lame week so far)
Those are some pretty bad fakes. Did your friend enjoy smoking them, or did you advise him not to?

I explained the issue with that cigar to my friend (he's not into cigars anyways)... He has not decided yet if he is going to tell the guy at work, I'm thinking of passing on a good Fuente to him to see if he can tell the difference (but seeing as he has been buying these I'm not sure if he would). :ss

Never heard of a fake green label Fuente.

I've heard of Fake OpusX's, but never seen one as far as I know.

thanks for sharing!

Back