A funny thing happened to me...

thebiglebowski

Lowland Gorilla
...once i got to the local B&M last night, to pick up a few sticks:

CAO was having a tasting event, which I had totally forgotten about. I've never attended one of these shindigs (i'm not a good crowd person - it's not that I'm timid or anything like that, i just don't like being around a lot of people - especially those I don't really know. I should probably get over that, in instances like this where presumably, I'm surrounded by people who share my love of cigars...) so I was a bit taken aback when I walked in, the CAO dude (no, not one of the Oxgeners) kinda jumped me and gave me the spiel...

not bad at all - a free CX2 robusto (I'd never tried one yet) and various levels of deals to be had that night, including all boxes of CAOs at 20% off, which puts them right at internet prices. AND if you buy a box, you get 7 free stogies, from a small selection: Criollo Conquistadors, Italia Ciaos and Brazilia Gols. AND you got a free CAO cutter! lol...

well, i had been toying with the idea of buying a box of Italia Ciaos (i really like this cigar) and i've enjoyed the conquistadors in the past AND i've wanted to try something in the Brazila line, so how could i go wrong?

$103 got me a box of Italia Ciaos, 3 Criollo Conquistadors and 4 Italia Gols (AND the cutter...). PLUS the freebie CX2 when I walked thru the door - which makes it $3.67 per premium stick.

i'm so proud of myself! lol...

(although, I fired up one of the criollos last night and it was pretty bland. shou've let it rest for a bit, probably...)

Being at the right place at the right time paid off. Very nice. :w
I love the CAO Brazilian. the CX2 is good as well. Want to Try one of the Sopranos.

Well, you staggered in to the place at just the right time,, good score..

Jerry in Minnesota.

c2000 said:
Well, you staggered in to the place at just the right time,, good score..

Jerry in Minnesota.

yeah, i think so too - although, i was only planning on spending about 15-20 bucks last night... lol.

:D

Nice deal you picked up. I love the CAO Brizilia Gols.

I can understand your being not to fond of crowds. I finally at some point just started pretending I liked being in crowded events and now it doesn't bother me too much.

thebiglebowski said:
yeah, i think so too - although, i was only planning on spending about 15-20 bucks last night... lol.

:D

and you did just ahh squared :D good little get there Dude... that Crillo is nasty and thats coming from a huge CAO fan. i like all of there sticks except the cri and the extreme. enjoy those GOLs! there as good as it gets IMO :w

Nice Score! I wish that our B&M had deals when they have factory events. The last CAO event I went to they were charging $5.95 ea. for a MX2 robusto!
Their "special" was "Buy any three sticks at regular (marked up price) and get your choice of a CAO Gold churchill or CAO Brazilia Ipanema for FREE"
With the mark-up there was nothing "FREE" about it!
Glad to see that your B&M knows how to treat their customers.

Back