A gorilla's journey to find a B&M . . .

uncballzer

aka Silky
Took a trip today, as there is no B&M near me. I was hoping to replace a broken meerschaum pipe, but didn't find any good ones today, but I did find some other stuff that broke the credit card. I asked rehbas21 if he knew of any places since he's somewhat near to me in location. He recommended Blacksburg Pipe and Tobacco. Well, that was a 2 hr drive away. No problem, I love driving, but it's going into enemy territory for me: Virginia Tech. Luckily, my car (all covered in UNC paraphernalia) didn't get banged up while there. The guys running the store were amazing! Very informative and willing to talk, which is hard to find, as well all know. Now for some pr0n!

Half of the trip was on this road:
PICT0667.jpg

The other half looked something like this . . . .
yungasdeathroadtruck.jpg

But it was well worth it:

PICT0671.jpg

Umm, padrons! Also found a Hemmingway short-story, some tat's (he had full boxes!), and just after I walked in the door, behind me was the mail-man with 3 boxes of the Olivia V's (couldn't resist, those things smell sooooooo good!).

But, I didn't find another meer as I was hoping for, but I did find this little beauty:
PICT0679.jpg

So, if you're around Virginia Tech, stop in on Ed and Joe. They're not yet on CS, but I dropped a few hints for them to check us out!:tu

very nice haul, and looked like a fun road trip.I think I've driven on that road,might even be my truck....nahhh to small :r

sweet! they got their V shipment in? I was in there monday and they were on backorder. But they did have tome tats so my wallet wasn't a safe as i hoped. I hope the Vs are still in tomorrow. Last time they sold out of 2 boxes of lanceros in about a day.

Oh yeah and as a local Joe and Ed are great.

sweet! they got their V shipment in? I was in there monday and they were on backorder. But they did have tome tats so my wallet wasn't a safe as i hoped. I hope the Vs are still in tomorrow. Last time they sold out of 2 boxes of lanceros in about a day.

Oh yeah and as a local Joe and Ed are great.
They didn't get any lanceros in. But they did get the belicoso, robusto, torpedo's in. They got a couple of other big boxes of something or nother in, I was kinda wanting them to crack them on open and see what was in them . . . .but didn't have the time to stay around that long :ss

Those drive pictures make me homesick... :hn

Nice looking haul... the pipe is beautiful! :pp
Thanks! I've racked up on the savinelli's now. Need to start branching out to other pipes, but can't bring myself to do it lol.

My son's near there at Radford. I'll have to stop by that B&M on my next trip out.

Too bad you weren't there earlier in the week--could have caught Tech's exhibition game with the NY Yankees!

My son's near there at Radford. I'll have to stop by that B&M on my next trip out.

Too bad you weren't there earlier in the week--could have caught Tech's exhibition game with the NY Yankees!

Uh, i didn't know they were playing the yankee's. Yeah, would have been pretty cool to see. Used to love going to some of the carolina baseball games when I was in undergrad. I think baseball is about the only game I like to watch in person, there's no other feeling like you get with baseball at other sports.

A long journey but a GOOD outcome.

Nice haul there. Atleast you had something to do on the way home.:tu

im gonna be at tech next weekend for a paintball tournament, but i dont think im driving, so i probably wont make it to the store. tis a shame

stearns

I miss BBurg..

And mountain driving. Nothing like hanging your azz out.

Oh and stearns if your on campus its an easy walk downtown to the store.

I miss BBurg..

And mountain driving. Nothing like hanging your azz out.

Oh and stearns if your on campus its an easy walk downtown to the store.

:tpd:

Where exactly is that shop? I didn't find this slope until after I'd left, but I do try to make it back at least once a year, it'd be good to know for the next trip.

:tpd:

Where exactly is that shop? I didn't find this slope until after I'd left, but I do try to make it back at least once a year, it'd be good to know for the next trip.

It was on north main street (401 I think was the address). It's kinda hidden due to a small sign for the shop. It's just before you go into the part of the street with all the tall buildings, I think right when it converts to a 1 lane each way b/w the buildings. But I didn't go that far, so I can't be exact, but it is on N. Main St.

Back