A Guy's Guide to Buying Cigars

LOL at Jamaica producing World Class Cigars, but at least he did mention the proliferation of fake Habanos. hmmmm

That Article said:
Choose your size most appropriate to the situation in which you'll be enjoying it, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to ever smoke a Petit Corona or Panatela. It's just not manly.

Well actually, I will smoke what ever the f**k I want, and THAT is what's manly.

He did make good cigar choices though, I love Vintage Rockys.

Now, I just need to find a Padron 1964 and an Opus X. I have never tried these.

Do you guys think these are worth the money?

I try not to get negative but this article reminds me why I stoped reading maxim 5 + years ago.

lol some of that information is funny...I guess it's good for a 1 minute read, doesn't tell you much about what the wrappers taste like or anything about other flavors that might be tasted and such

I try not to get negative but this article reminds me why I stoped reading maxim 5 + years ago.

Umm I didn't realize Maxim had articles... But people keep telling me there are articles in my Playboys as well.

Umm I didn't realize Maxim had articles... But people keep telling me there are articles in my Playboys as well.

That's funny because the articles are about the only big draw to Playboy for me. When I was a kid, I thought Playboy would be all about looking at hot naked babes and going "what articles?" Now that I am older, the "babes" don't really spark much interest. Just too much blond, airbrushed into looking fake for my tastes :ss

I think the $35-40 Opus X price might be the most disgusting part. I don't know that anyone should ever pay 4-5 times the MSRP on a cigar. I am not saying it doesn't happen, even on here, but it is sickening. :hn

Now, I just need to find a Padron 1964 and an Opus X. I have never tried these.

Do you guys think these are worth the money?

They're worth it, but his prices he listed are high. Most Padron Anni's can be had in the $10 to $13 range, although the Torpedo he mentions is pry around $16. Opus X MSRP is also in the $10 to $13 although because they are harder to find, they often retail for more. They can be found at those prices though if one looks hard enough.

My favorite "clunker" in the article was the "darker cigars are generally stronger" line.

Perhaps an El Rico Habano Natural or La Flor Dominican Double Ligero natural might make the guy want to revisit that claim.

A JDN or Camacho Corojo "petite corona" would probably have most of his "manly" readers puking after two puffs.

:)

Back