A New Stick for Me. . .

Budprince

SilverBack
Thursday I stopped at one of my local B&Ms and stocked up . . . one of my choices was a stick had never come across before.

a Drew Estates Java Maduro. It had two bands: one it the traditional position and the second at the foot. Have any of you gorillas come across this cigar?

Anyway. . . on to the review.

The cigar was a perfect square pressed stick - not like the rectangular shape of the box pressed cigars that are so common amongst the leaf.
The Maduro wrapper was a rich dark brown. The pre-light aroma was a strong Chocolate scent - full and rich as a hot fudge sunday.
The pre-light draw was good, as was the draw when I fired it up.

I wonder if the wrapper wasn't infused with some kind of chocolate essence - the taste on my lips and tongue were very sweet and chocolaty. The ash was initially a light to medium gray and fell at 2 inches. After the first ash fell I noticed the medium to dark gray ash of the filler - which tells me that the wrapper was of much better quality than the filler. It didn't look to me that there was any binder.

Smoking this cigar was like smoking Cigar Tobacco in the form of a cigar. Both the aroma and the flavor were very sweet and began to get a little warm after the first half of the stick.

Thinking about the name "Java" I believe that this would be a very good stick with a cup of coffee. I'm a little ambivalent toward this cigar, but would be willing to try another before passing final judgement.

All in all it was a fairly pleasant smoke - a little too sweet for my tastes but could be a good stick in the right combination of cigar and beverage.

If any of you BOTLS have come across this stick I'd love to hear your opinion.

My Initial rating for this cigar would be a B-.

Sure, it's a flavored/infused cigar offered by Drew Estate. Not my cup of tea but glad you enjoyed it.

You'll find some opinions here http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/search.php?searchid=3845228. I did a search for "Java Maduro" (with the quotation marks).

:tu

I've had one of these, but doubt I'll try another. There are far too many other sticks I prefer in that price range. But, don't let me change your mind.

:)

Nice Review.

Back