a nibo cigar lighter review

r-ice

Lowland Gorilla
I have one of the triple flammed Nibo Royal 44, which I received it when I bought a new humidor. So as soon as I got it obviously I had to play with it some. It felt solid in your hand and the triple flamed was mesmorizing. The triple flamed ate the fuel like it was nothing. After a couple refils it refuses to light properly even purging it. The mirror in the lid which you flip up fell out, but i never understood the mirror anyways. It has a nice cigar punch on the bottem which I never bothered to use. All in all I would never pay good money for this POS, rather I love my blazer and even the dealsextreme ligther more then this. But I do have to say it does look good.
lighters_royal44_3.jpg

I had a similar experience with the Nibo lighters. I bought one of the "space" lighters off ebay (thank goodness I only paid $6) and couldn't even get it to light once. I threw it in the trash within about 20 minutes.

r-ice, lemme guess, smokin' cigar special? :)

I got one too. I keep it in my golf bag. I agree that it is finnicky. I can probably count on one hand the number of times it has lit up on the first flick. But, it usually does work when I need it to, and the triple flame is more than enough to toast a stogie in no time.

I've also used the punch a couple times (caught in a pinch without a cutter). Surprisingly, it is sharp and it does a decent job.

As you say, I probably would not have bought it myself. But it's ok for a freebie.

r-ice, lemme guess, smokin' cigar special? :)

I got one too. I keep it in my golf bag. I agree that it is finnicky. I can probably count on one hand the number of times it has lit up on the first flick. But, it usually does work when I need it to, and the triple flame is more than enough to toast a stogie in no time.

I've also used the punch a couple times (caught in a pinch without a cutter). Surprisingly, it is sharp and it does a decent job.

As you say, I probably would not have bought it myself. But it's ok for a freebie.

lol you got me haha.. it was the smoking cigar special. I guess you frequent that area as well. ??

I have a Burlwood Triple torch Nibo. I love it despite the fact that it seldom works properly and is almost always empty. I have a dual torch flame something or other and it works flawlessly. I have no idea why I refuse to switch which lighter I use. Goofy I guess.

My expriance with Nibos has been less than stellar. I finally bought a Lotus I found on Ebay and the thing has yet to let me down.

You can get it working again by adjusting the stop point for the adjustment screw. I have a Royal 44 and Space 6 that both needed to be modified after a few fills. Once the end point adjustment was increased they have worked fine since.

The butane they fill these with in China is at a much higher pressure than the canisters here, so they are adjusted wrong usually. See my thread here for modifying/fixing the lighter; I bet you will have it working again.

The link again. http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41071

I am going to bump the thread too.

-Matt-

I was carrying Nibo lighters for a while and had too many issues and complaints. Everything from lighting issues, to the flip top won't stay closed, etc.
I decided to stop carrying them as it got to be too much of a pain.

Dave

Back