A sad story........

NCRadioMan

More cigars Sanchez!
Last evening, I was invited to get-together of friends who regularly play different role playing games like D&D and the like. This is the first time I've done so since taking up the leaf. They said they didn't mind if I brought a smoke or two and if I would, gift this particular gentleman, let's call him "Kevin" because his name is Kevin, a cheap but decent stick. You see, Kevin smokes swishers and other intolerable gas station tobacco. :BS I did give him a nice little cusano M1 torpedo I thought he may enjoy. I did the last time I had one. He sat it on his counter.

They begin the game and I see Kevin pull out 6 or 7, 5-pack boxes of swishers with the birchwood tip. Now, while I'm a fan of the birchwood tip alone, the rest, well...no. He proceeds to light the first of many to come. In about 4 hours, he had gone through it ALL! The thing is, he takes about two to four decent puffs on one. Just one. He didn't even smoke 1/3 of the stick on any of them! When I left, the perfectly nice M1 was still sitting on the counter. Drying out and dying. I learn today that he didn't want to offend me, but he's not to sure about smoking something that doesn't have a tip on it. :confused: WTF!!!!!!

BTW, I enjoyed a Padron and an "outstanding" little Bolivar :w I recieved from Klugs. Nice evening for me, but I felt sad for Kevin.

:ms NCRM

NCRadioMan said:
Last evening, I was invited to get-together of friends who regularly play different role playing games like D&D and the like. This is the first time I've done so since taking up the leaf. They said they didn't mind if I brought a smoke or two and if I would, gift this particular gentleman, let's call him "Kevin" because his name is Kevin, a cheap but decent stick. You see, Kevin smokes swishers and other intolerable gas station tobacco. :BS I did give him a nice little cusano M1 torpedo I thought he may enjoy. I did the last time I had one. He sat it on his counter.

They begin the game and I see Kevin pull out 6 or 7, 5-pack boxes of swishers with the birchwood tip. Now, while I'm a fan of the birchwood tip alone, the rest, well...no. He proceeds to light the first of many to come. In about 4 hours, he had gone through it ALL! The thing is, he takes about two to four decent puffs on one. Just one. He didn't even smoke 1/3 of the stick on any of them! When I left, the perfectly nice M1 was still sitting on the counter. Drying out and dying. I learn today that he didn't want to offend me, but he's not to sure about smoking something that doesn't have a tip on it. :confused: WTF!!!!!!

BTW, I enjoyed a Padron and an "outstanding" little Bolivar :w I recieved from Klugs. Nice evening for me, but I felt sad for Kevin.

To each his own...

maybe he will run out of swishers and be "forced" to try the 'gar and realize its good?

Is that like not being able to drink something without a nipple on it? Sad story indeed.. Can ya take him to the side and give the poor soul a lessen or two?

floydp said:
Is that like not being able to drink something without a nipple on it? Sad story indeed.. Can ya take him to the side and give the poor soul a lessen or two?

:r :r At least I planted a seed.

LOL that sucks. I have pretty much given up gifting my cigars to people that either A) just want one because it's a cuban (I know....wrong board) or B) never smoked a real cigar in their life. It's almost an act in futility. At least you tried. Good jesture, maybe he will give it a shot and see the light or he'll just think it isn't sweet like his precious Swishers :D

I was at a party last weekend and saw a guy turn down a Padron '64 Anni in favor of a cigar that he brought.. a strawberry flavored swisher. :r

At least he didn't accept it.

floydp said:

:r good one.... I got a visual of a baby bottle with a black and tan...

RadioMan, Sad indeed, sounds like a guy who just wants to be seen with a cigar in his mouth. There happy with the Swisher and really never enjoy the
" real " reason we all smoke :w

zemekone said:
:r good one.... I got a visual of a baby bottle with a black and tan...

Since I have so many grand kids I've been toying with the idea to aid those poor souls that call their line of work "DAY CARE"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to contact a few distillers to see if the market is right for such a product.. No bites as of this printing.

So I guess I'll throw the idea out here(if this is a thread jack,sorry Radio)
What about Bud junior?
Jack Lite for that toddler that just can't sit still.

just a thought,thank you,now back to your regularly scheduled programming ,tip your waiter etc.etc.

Da Klugs said:
Not to be BLUNT but maybe the swisher was packin! :D Even the Padrons havn't mastered that yet.

Tee heheheehehehehe.... :w

I have almost the same problem as one of my friends refuses to smoke anything that's not flavored. He likes those Kahlua cigars, the vanilla Heavens, and Havana Honeys. I offer him a "regular" cigar and he shakes his head and sucks on his flaming candy canes! :tg

NCRadioMan said:
BTW, I enjoyed a Padron and an "outstanding" little Bolivar :w I recieved from Klugs. Nice evening for me, but I felt sad for Kevin.NCRM
Next time take a few very aromatic Habano (SLR, Bolivar) and smoke 'em all night long. The aroma should eventually catch on & everyone will be wondering just what you were smoking! [Hee, hee, hee] :cool: :p :bx

Don't be offended. DIfferent strokes for different folks. You did what a BOTL does. not to sound like a snob but he just is not at that level. the cigar was probably to strong and not sweet enough for his taste as well as the fact it did not have a tit...I mean tip.

was he at least a decent guy? Most of my friends make fun of me cause I smoke cigars.

I was definatlay not offended. I've known Kevin for years so he really can't offend me. :D I was invited back again this Wed. Most of the guys give him hell about his smokes and how he smokes them, while they seem to be interested in what I will bring to smoke. Maybe the seed is already germinating. :cool:

Klugs, I thought he may be packin' but that damn vanilla smell is just too powerfull! :r

MoTheMan said:
Next time take a few very aromatic Habano (SLR, Bolivar) and smoke 'em all night long. The aroma should eventually catch on & everyone will be wondering just what you were smoking! [Hee, hee, hee] :cool: :p :bx

Mo will simply not rest until the rest of the world lay in a heap at the bottom of the slippery slope!! :r

Well the first I smoked was a Bolivar of the Habano variety and did get surprisingly great comments on the smell! They "thought is was nice" and "not offensive at all" and it "didn't smell like any cigar they have smelled before". :D I just told 'em that it tastes better than it smells! :rolleyes:

Damn that slope! :r

NC very nice jesture. You did what you felt was "right". You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Look at it this way, one less person you have to "compete" with when buying "your" type of cigars.

Back